migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

re: Butterbur: who has tried this??

+8
Almostangela
sherri b
Brenda
tdu
milo
jwar
pen
Paradox
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

re:  Butterbur:  who has tried this?? - Page 4 Empty Hi newtothis

Post  Guest Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:06 pm

I've had to reschedule my appointment tommorow. It will be next week now. (hopefully) So, I won't have any infor til then. Gail

Back to top Go down

re:  Butterbur:  who has tried this?? - Page 4 Empty Re: re: Butterbur: who has tried this??

Post  Anna Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:53 am

After reading this thread I'm going to go to three a day (150mg. total each day). I've been taking something called Migrasolve (100mg daily) which also has riboflavin in it. Riboflavin (B2) has also been used as a preventative successfully by some people. Migrasolve is made by Weber and Weber. It seems to be gone now- not available from the distributor I was buying it from or any others but there are other brands that carry Weber and Weber's so I think I'll buy from them.

My reasoning is that the studies were done with Weber and Weber which is a German company. In the US supplements are not controlled by the FDA or any other regulating body and many times what is on the label is not what is in the pill or capsule. I feel like this is helping and don't want to mess it up by using another brand. But the price for the Swanson's is certainly appealing. I just don't want to risk it myself right now. Whatever I end up paying is still far less than the cost of just a couple of triptans. But of course everyone needs to make their own decision.
Anna
Anna

Back to top Go down

re:  Butterbur:  who has tried this?? - Page 4 Empty Hi Anna

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Good to see your post. I am going to continue with the Swansons until I run out. If it has not done any good I am going to give Petadolex, or another name brand a try. Some here (messageboard) feel a name brand is better. Hard to say. I guess we'll try anything! If Weber is what you're comfortable with I'd certainly stay with it! If I found something that helped I would not switch! (remember that old commercial...." I'd rather fight than switch?" ) Funny the things that pop into our minds. Good luck! PS good idea to increase...

Back to top Go down

re:  Butterbur:  who has tried this?? - Page 4 Empty Re: re: Butterbur: who has tried this??

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4