migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this butterbur thing!

+4
Almostangela
LG
Hal
sherri b
8 posters

Go down

this butterbur thing! Empty this butterbur thing!

Post  sherri b Fri May 28, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi All of you out there,

I just have to post again, I am so excited about using this stuff. It is actually working for me. Yes, I have still had some migraines, but nothing like they used to be. I started using the Petadolex on April 10th, and I can't believe how good I am feeling. Even on days that I didn't have a migraine, I had constant head pain and thumping all the time. Now it's gone.

In the past I suffered about 27 days per month and used over that amount of Imitrex, (generic shots and tablets) and Treximet, Tordidal, just about anything I could get my hands on. This month it looks like I will end up with about 10 treatable migraines. I will actually have leftover medication at the end of the month. This is a first for me.

I have wasted so much money on trying different things, you name it, I have tried it. But never have I had such success as with this stuff.... no, I'm not writing a commercial,,, just so happy.

I was down this morning with a migraine, most of the day actually, but now at 11 p.m it is gone, normally this would last days, sometimes even weeks.

Well, there, hope I encouraged someone!

Blessings to all of you, please, if you haven't tried it, at least give it some thought

Sherri B!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

this butterbur thing! Empty Re: this butterbur thing!

Post  Hal Fri May 28, 2010 11:32 pm

HOORAY for Sherri!!!!
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Mon May 31, 2010 12:57 pm

Awesome Sherri! Just in time for warmer weather, too! Enjoy it!

LG
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Mon May 31, 2010 2:23 pm

LG

What is that a picture of?! Your Avatar???
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Mon May 31, 2010 2:26 pm

I found this and thought it was a very really interesting read on the subject of butterbur

http://www.helhetsdoktorn.nu/MonographPetasites.pdf

Anyways, I ordered 3 bottles and I'm going to give it a try. There seems to be nothing to lose but $26 bucks and that is a small price to pay.

Glad it works for you. Very encouraging.

Angela
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Mon May 31, 2010 2:31 pm

Angela

So glad you are going to give it a try. Keep us posted on how it works for you.

I saved the article you mentioned and will look it over later.

Blessings!
Sherri B!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Mon May 31, 2010 2:49 pm

Angela,

don't know!!! LOL it's so little on my phone, I threw it up there in a hurry. It's from an engine or maybe a front end of a car/possibly a boat. Almost all my pictures have my face or g's so I was hard pressed to find one that I could put up Smile
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  lrobb98 Mon May 31, 2010 5:13 pm

I do think that Petadolex is the real deal; most natural remedies have not been effective, when applied to large studies; Petadolex is an exception. I would be careful where you obtain it from, Weber and Weber is the usual(they designed and manufactured it; Petadolex is an adulterated version of butterbur). Reading the posts, it may be that Swansons is also reputable(I don't know them, but I would also like to obtain a less expensive outlet for my patients, and Weber and Weber is relatively expensive). Larry Robbins,M.D. http://www.headachedrugs.com

lrobb98

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon May 31, 2010 5:22 pm

Dr Robbins,

Please check out the Swansons for us all. You checked it for me and responded on Twitter a few months back.
It is said to be the same as Petadolex, and is MUCH cheaper.
The Migraine charity here just advise to make sure no toxins or other added stuff.
Swansons seems fine as far as we can tell.

But be nice to have your comment.

I want to restart it, but am having stomach problems (not because of it).
I sure hope it works for me.

Thanks
Pennie

pen

Back to top Go down

this butterbur thing! Empty Dr. Robbins

Post  Guest Mon May 31, 2010 9:42 pm

I began Swanson's Butterbur last Thursday. 75mg - twice daily. I also would like to hear your feedback after checking it out. I had been trying to figure out how to contact you. I also take Gabapentin (has no affect on the headaches) From what I've read Butterbur does not interact with medications. I certainly hope that is correct! Would like to have your feedback on that as well. All of this would be greatly appreciated. Gail

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter_sky Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:21 am

Hi,

I started Petadolex about a week ago, no noticeable improvement yet but early days, but the good news is although I have bad stomach issues anyway Petadolex does not seem to have made them any worse, so those putting off trying Petadolex because of stomach issues it may encourage you to try anyway,

Peter
Peter_sky
Peter_sky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:50 am

Hi Sherri,
I'm so glad that you found a natural preventative that works!

I read something about butterbur; iit's better not to use it for long periods as it can be hard on the liver, but I guess that a few months a year is fine to help with migraines.

Thanks for sharing
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down