migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just when I thought it was safe...

+4
Richard
Senna
lesherb
AZgirl
8 posters

Go down

Just when I thought it was safe... Empty Just when I thought it was safe...

Post  AZgirl Wed May 19, 2010 1:54 pm

I submitted my resume to a fabulous company over the weekend, and went to a job fair and submitted it in person to the same company. I have been wanting to work for the company for years.

Then my neurosurgeon's office started suggesting replacing my shunt.

I can't win. One day I'm excited, one day I'm in bed. One day I'm feeling strong, one day I'm sickly. One day I'm planning career wardrobes and one day I'm planning intracranial monitoring dates.

I'm just venting and whining. Mouring the life that I won't have. Dreading the appointments and procedures and surgeries. Sad.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Just when I thought it was safe... Empty Re: Just when I thought it was safe...

Post  lesherb Wed May 19, 2010 2:08 pm

Sometimes our health just pulls the rug out from under us. So sorry about your disappointment.
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Wed May 19, 2010 2:09 pm

I am so sorry that you are suffering set back. How well I uderstand such dissapointemnts.
We are so ready and so optimistic to get our life's back - at times I wonder why. But I suppose thisis the sign that this condition does not kill our spirit, no matter what.

The feeling you describe is so familiar. I have been planning - in my head - my summer "wardrobe" for holiday in Poland, but it is doubtful if I will make it. I hope I might, but... I have one or two follow up doctor visits and some other complications in the way, which I could handle, but I have become more unsure about planning anything. Lasts year I bought an advamce ticket and did not go in the end. The ticket was wasted, no matter it was not much money.
I know holiday is not the same as a nice job, but I miss my country and my family very much.

I hope you will have a better time soon

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed May 19, 2010 4:36 pm

I understand disappointment. To spare myself, I make no plans until the very last minute ... everything else is "maybe." My only "monkey on my back" disappointment is that I do not trust myself to visit my Mom across the country. If I had an episode at a layover, I would be hospitalized in a strange city. Scary to me ... and likely at this time. But yeah, I understand disappointment.

Hang in there. How delightful that you can still apply for work. A job is so very important ... just "getting out there" and being with people. I miss it dreadfully and cheer aloud when of folks like you still seeking work with this dreaded disease. Good for you! Keep on trucking!
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Just when I thought it was safe... Empty jobs

Post  crt Wed May 19, 2010 5:20 pm

Richard wrote:

Hang in there. How delightful that you can still apply for work. A job is so very important ... just "getting out there" and being with people. I miss it dreadfully and cheer aloud when of folks like you still seeking work with this dreaded disease. Good for you! Keep on trucking!

Although I do occasionally complain about what goes on at work, there isn't a day that goes by that I am not grateful I can work. I am truly fortunate that I can control my migraines well enough that I can do most of what I want and need to do. I feel so awful for those of you at Ronda's who do not have that luxury. In fact, I periodically get a bad case of "survivor's guilt". Blessings and good energy to all of you.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Wed May 19, 2010 7:57 pm

I so understand Lynelle and I am so so sorry.
In the past I had these plans too, and just when I was full of hopes for better future BANG!!! everything went into ruins with the worst M week ever.

But I hope since you were doing so well and after all you will be until the surgery day, chances are you'll be back on your feet
in no time once the surgeries are done.
I will keep my fingers tightly crossed for you Lynelle and for your speedy recovery so you can go on with your plans! go Lynelle!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Thu May 20, 2010 4:49 pm

As usual I can count on all of you to make me feel better.

Thanks. I needed that.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mianna Fri May 21, 2010 11:47 am

Lynelle, I am late in arriving........as usual here lately......

Just know, as you've already been told, we all certainly 'get it'. I'm sorry things have happened as they they have in regards to your ideal job and then health coming in and taking away the dream.

I hate it when the pain issues raise their heads and keep me from participating and enjoying my son's activities....or I go and do the activities......and pay for it later. I guess I rather 'do' and pay later.......I just wish it was all do-able without paying prices all the time.

Supporting You,

Mianna.
Mianna
Mianna

Back to top Go down

Post  hpilgrim Fri May 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi Lynelle-
This sort of thing kept happening to me until I finally "gave up"... I would try my best to get stronger (both M's and my back problems) but every time I made a little progress, something would happen.
Head would get worse, I would suffer a fall, break my coccyx, that sort of thing.

It is a discouraging way to live --- you have my fullest sympathy. I hope you can keep on trying and eventually get a position with this company... keep us posted, dear-
Love,
Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down