migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New drug for people who can't take triptains

4 posters

Go down

New drug for people who can't take triptains Empty New drug for people who can't take triptains

Post  estre004 Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:22 am

http://www.healthcentral.com/migraine/news-516092-98.html?ic=6018

estre004

Back to top Go down

New drug for people who can't take triptains Empty Re: New drug for people who can't take triptains

Post  pen Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:18 am

I wish they would get a move on with this. I first heard about it at least 2 years ago.
Then it was to be a prophylactic, but it failed the liver tests. That was last January it was going down.

Still not started the tests....dont get me wrong. Look forward to it, just impatient.

Smile

pen

Back to top Go down

New drug for people who can't take triptains Empty Re: New drug for people who can't take triptains

Post  TeriRobert Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Pen,

I hear you! Having had a heart attack, I shouldn't really take triptans. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one. I've been following it since I interviewed the lead researcher on this one nearly three years ago. Sigh.

Teri

TeriRobert

http://www.HelpForHeadaches.com, www.MyMigraineConnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:17 am

Three years. Even worse than my two.....
I know we have to be safe, but this is my life on hold.....

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:55 am

It is better that they test any new medicine properly, and if possible elimiminate as many s/e as possible, rather then hurry and leave the patients with the consequences.

It sounds as this is a very important new development, so I hope they will get it right when it finally gets to us.

I cannot wait for this new alternative to sumatriptan which has too many s/e, even if it always works for me. I bet it has alreadyo caused some damage to my veins over the years, but in the end it works.
So, until something better comes along we all take such risks.
I am glad that still keep trying.

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down