migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to know when sick????

5 posters

Go down

How to know when sick???? Empty How to know when sick????

Post  LillianLovato27 Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:58 am

Hi there. I haven't been on for a while. Just got back from a trip, everything going some-what ok... and now.. not sure if I am sick..
So here's my question for the day...
How do you know when your sick?

Now, I can never tell when is the right time to stay home, see the doctors, heck even tell some one I am not feeling well. I know I have asked similar questions in the past, but... advice.. please.

(I don't think it's migraines.. even though I have one.. I am sick to my stomach.. and don't know what to do)

Umm Thanks
Lillian No
LillianLovato27
LillianLovato27

Back to top Go down

How to know when sick???? Empty Re: How to know when sick????

Post  HeelerLady Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:05 am

Oh Lillian....

I was starting to wonder what happened to you. Glad you popped back in. Smile

My rule is if I'm feeling sick to my stomach I stay home. Even if it's not a M, I don't want to be out in public feeling that way (have history with doing that and it didn't end well). Normally it is a M and it means that things are already bad and likely to get worse.

Just my 2 cents from one sick girl to another. (yup I'm at home feeling like something the dog hacked up).

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:47 am

Nice to see you again, Lillian

I'm from the school of hard knocks and life is short so I go out but with an escape plan. Sick to me is when everyone else notices and I really can't function anymore, or I have actually emptied into the great white bowl.

I would have missed out of so much had I not taken this stance. Of course, there are times in the month when I say enough and decide not to go to a stupid tenants meeting and hide in my room instead, but for the important stuff like keeping a good job, education, being there for my kids, attempting my dreams and all those other values that are the core of my being, I am never too sick to consider trying regardless of how I am feeling. I just do things slower.

So, to your question. How do you know if you are sick? The best test is to busy your life with all the things that are important to you and deal with what you have to. The body should adapt to your lifestyle or if it doesn't and it stops you completely from your joy, then you must deal with it. But the body doesn't need to be in optimal order for you to carry on. The spirit is stronger than flesh.

All the best to you. Maybe a trip to the doctor will help alleviate and define some of these fears and you can move on from here.

Angela
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  jeselle Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:43 pm

my rule of thumb is if I am puking I stay home or go home. But if I am just naseaus then I go to work.

My doctor has made it clear that I need to keep the level of stress in my life low. Basically he said I need to keep the stress out. I work quite hard to do that.

I work M-F and go home and crash. I don't go out weekdays. During the weekend I don't "over-do" it. I know my limits.

When I have a migraine during the weekend I pace myself. During the week I go home, do my chores, then go to bed.

Of course I have had times in my life where I have had to go to events with a migraine and pretend I am okay when I'm not. And there have been quite a few times when I've been too sick to go-but I try to keep that to a minimum.
jeselle
jeselle

Back to top Go down

Post  WitsEnd Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:09 pm

I guess this is something that varies from person to person as side effect and impact of any illness, including migraine, will be different from person to person.

My general rule is to try my best to get on with it, but some days I just CANT. Physical impossibility. Well, it feels like it anyway. My full blown migraines seem to have taken a step back for now but I still have headaches most days and migraine side effects on others but I do try my best to get on with it because I'm scared in case life passes me by otherwise.

Some days though we, as migraine sufferers, just can't do it. So if you are beating yourself up, please don't Sad
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down