migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phone Job Interview This Morning on Top of a 3-Day Migraine

+8
HeelerLady
moominamy
pen
Almostangela
Paradox
alli
Anna's Mom
AuntieBubbs
12 posters

Go down

Phone Job Interview This Morning on Top of a 3-Day Migraine Empty Phone Job Interview This Morning on Top of a 3-Day Migraine

Post  AuntieBubbs Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:35 am

Well, wish me luck, everyone. I've been out of work for 9 months now, and in all that time have only had 1 real interview. I have another one - finally! - in about 30 minutes, a phone interview (the job is in Northern CA and I live in Southern CA) but I'm currently on day 3 of a migraine. My head is so-so right now, but I have not been able to sleep, imitrex has just taken the edge off, and I don't dare take any stadol. I don't want to sound loopy!!

Fingers crossed I can get an in-person interview out of this phone interview, the job is right up my alley. I know if I can get an in-person interview with any of the companies I've been applying to, I'd have a good shot at a job offer, I have an impressive resume.

Wish me luck!!!
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Phone Job Interview This Morning on Top of a 3-Day Migraine Empty Re: Phone Job Interview This Morning on Top of a 3-Day Migraine

Post  Anna's Mom Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:37 am

I'll be the first. Good Luck!

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Phone Job Interview This Morning on Top of a 3-Day Migraine Empty Re: Phone Job Interview This Morning on Top of a 3-Day Migraine

Post  alli Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:49 am

Good luck!! Will you relocate if you get the job? IMO No Ca is such a great place to live!

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:12 pm

Good luck, Bubbs!

Let us know how it the second you find out. I'm not good with patience. Smile

hugs
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Thank you for all the good thoughts, I could feel all your positive energy. I was nervous, too!

LOL Charlotte Razz I'm excited so here I am.

I think I nailed it!! It went so well, she even asked me about relocating (yes, I will, I need a job!, and it's not so far I can't come see my family on weekends) and gave me the salary range. The salary range is right in line with what I was making, so I'm ok with that. And it has full benefits. Wouldn't that be nice?

I have a second phone interview, and an editing test to take. Not to be cocky (well, to be a little cocky, lol) but I'm very good at editing tests. After 13 years in publishing, I should be, right? He he
If I do well in the 2nd interview, and the test, I will be invited up to interview. I should hear from the next person I interview with later this week, or early next. Fingers crossed that it's sooner rather than later!!

Think positive thoughts for me, I'll need them Razz
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:36 pm

yeah! I'm glad it went well. Sending positive vibes to you!
Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:40 pm

I can cross two fingers on each hand so I have four crossed for you. Sending you a blast of good wishes

Angela
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Woo hoo! Then there would be even more of you in Northern Calif. Hmmm....do I feel a third trip in the making? I think I do!

Way to go Bubbs. cheers
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:25 pm

Good luck AB, hope your head holds out.

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  moominamy Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:55 pm

Sending good vibes across the Atlantic!

Amy

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Best of luck AB! Hope if this is what you want, it flows your way. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:28 pm

Here's some good southeastern wishes blowing your way!
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  jeselle Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:46 am

congratulations on doing well on the first interview and getting the second interview. I am so happy for you. Wishing you the best.
jeselle
jeselle

Back to top Go down

Phone Job Interview This Morning on Top of a 3-Day Migraine Empty Where is Bubbs?

Post  pen Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:59 am

Have I missed posts.
Hasnt posted since Wednesday since the interview!
Had a bad head.....

You okay AB??

pen

Back to top Go down

Phone Job Interview This Morning on Top of a 3-Day Migraine Empty Checking in

Post  AuntieBubbs Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Thanks, Pen and everyone, for asking. I'm waiting to hear from them to schedule the 2nd interview. The 1st interviewer said I would hear late last week, or early this week, and if I don't hear anything this week, to let her know. So we'll see. Hopefully I'll have some good news to report within a week? Fingers are crossed.

Migraine finally went away, around Thursday last week. But menstrual migraines are about to kick in with the week, I can always tell the symptoms (which I won't bore you all with, you ladies know what I mean, lol) Very Happy Hopefully they won't be too bad.

Thanks again for all the well wishes, I am hopeful for a good result. I even lit a candle!! Razz
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Hoping it will go well and you'll get a call soon. Smile

Hoping the other M will leave you be so you can function this week.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Phone Job Interview This Morning on Top of a 3-Day Migraine Empty Thanks, everyone, fingers crossed!

Post  AuntieBubbs Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:03 pm

You all have been great Very Happy

Today is a good head day, yay! 2nd interview is in 2 hours. I feel really good. This company doesn't give alot of notice though, do they?! Heard from them late yesterday. Had an assessment test scheduled with the county here where I live for this morning for another job, so spent the morning doing that. Upside is no time to stress about the 2nd interview, just time to come home, have some coffee and lunch, and prep for an hour before the 2nd interview.
(assessment test no big deal, I took another one a few months ago; I score well and the county just puts me on a list; if a job opens up, they interview people off the list. I could get an interview, or I could wither away on the list, LOL)

Fingers crossed it goes well!
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Sounding good AB. Fingers crossed for you then.
Good luck.
P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:36 pm

I sent some positive thoughts your way!

Smile

I'm exhausted rightnow but you will hear from me soon!!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:16 pm

Hey, all.
Well, I can't really tell how it went, it was kind of weird. I feel like it didn't go as well as the first one. I just didn't get as positive a vibe when it was over.

The guy asked me questions about my experience, then would say things like, "well, this job you wouldn't be doing that" and "well, this is a project management position, and with your experience as a writer, I think you might be bored in this position." I felt like, "WTF?!" because I have over 10 years of experience as a project manager, and about 2 years of experience as a writer, so clearly my strength is as a manager, and all that's on my resume. I did what I could to steer the interview to my experience as a manager and gave him solid examples from that experience, but I felt like he was trying to talk me out of the job, or himself out of considering me for it.

So we'll see, but I don't think I have as good a chance of getting further in the interviewing process, which really sucks. He said he was interviewing "groups of people" and that I could expect to hear from him around the end of next week, or the end of the week after next.
I sent him a follow-up email thanking him for the interview, emphasizing my relevant job experience, and saying I hoped to meet with him in the near future. I figure that's all I can do.

Not great No
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Phone Job Interview This Morning on Top of a 3-Day Migraine Empty No news

Post  AuntieBubbs Sat May 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Haven't heard anything after the last interview - just thought I'd let you all know. At least I haven't gotten a rejection letter yet! I'm still not hopeful (based on the above assessment) but we'll see.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat May 01, 2010 1:54 pm

Well you never know AB. No fat lady singing.....could still be.
One last platitude...No news is good news.

Here's hoping.
Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Phone Job Interview This Morning on Top of a 3-Day Migraine Empty Finally got some news

Post  AuntieBubbs Tue May 18, 2010 10:07 pm

So its May 18, 3 weeks and a few days after I interviewed for the job this thread was about. The person I interviewed with said he'd get back to me within 2 weeks, remember? He didn't. I gave him an extra week, and still didn't hear back. That would've been last Friday.
Finally, yesterday, Monday, I sent him a follow up email. Very polite. Just reminding him that I'd interviewed for X position on X date, and that he'd indicated that he'd be contacting the interviewees between April 30 and May 7, and that I understand that in publishing, deadlines take precidence and that I am still very interested in the position and hope to hear from him soon. Nothing. So this afternoon I called him and got voicemail. Left a message.
Finally, today at 7pm (after business hours) he sent me an email, surprise surprise. What was more surprising is that he didn't blow me off with a rejection letter - I actually got passed through to the next stage of the interview process! I get to take the copyediting test. He said someone would be contacting me with the testing information.

Well, you could've knocked me over with a feather. I was totally surprised. After his less than enthusiastic interview in the first place, then not hearing from him three weeks past the interview, and not hearing from him when he said he'd get back to me, and then not getting back to me yesterday, and not calling me back today, I figured he was done with me.

Unless the test is mad hard, and designed to make you fail, I should do fine. I'm good at copyediting, I've been an editor for over 10 years and I've aced all kinds of editor's tests in the past. I mean, I usually write them Very Happy So I am pretty sure I will do well on this. Fingers crossed I may still get to the final interview stage!
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Tue May 18, 2010 10:45 pm

Great news that you are on to the next stage in the process. I hope it all goes well.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down