migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anybody else have occasional red ears?

+6
Stillhurtin
30yrsofheadache
ajr
sherri b
tecky
Hrtnhd
10 posters

Go down

Does anybody else  have occasional red ears? Empty Does anybody else have occasional red ears?

Post  Hrtnhd Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:57 pm

Sounds strange, I know. I've had migraines for 30+ years. My father suffered and I suspect my maternal grandmother did, too. I remember my dad's ears would turn beet red and be hot to the touch as do mine. It doesn't last long and it goes away. I don't even have to look in the mirror to know one of my ears is "on fire." I've now noticed that my teenaged nephew's ears are doing the same thing. Don't want to alarm him, so I make a joke of it, but it does raise the question...does anybody else here have this peculiar phenomenon or are we just wierd? (LOL.) BTW, my 19 year old nephew does not suffer (mercifully) from migraines.

I have an appt. with the neuro in June and I intend to ask him. I also noticed that since on Topamax, this hasn't happened as often as it used to.

Any suggestions?

Kathy

Hrtnhd

Back to top Go down

Does anybody else  have occasional red ears? Empty Re: Does anybody else have occasional red ears?

Post  tecky Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:56 pm

Kathy,

I haven't noticed that either of my ears turn red, but my husband often tells me that one side of my face is beet red when I'm really hurting, mostly my cheek. It's usually the side the migraine is on.

I'd be interested in hearing what your doctor says about your ears turning red. Please keep us posted.

Becky flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Does anybody else  have occasional red ears? Empty Re: Does anybody else have occasional red ears?

Post  sherri b Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:25 pm

not me,,, Keep us posted, I'm curious.
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:13 pm

I've had that happen to my ears from niacin ...it is an odd, hot feeling. And my son who has the migraines has had that happen to him, but I think it was when he was taking a certain medicine and I can't think what it was...and also when I had given him niacin because I had read it could help migraines - but of course it didn't. I guess it dilates your vessels so you have more blood flowing through.
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:23 pm

My older daughter gets this sometimes, mostly when eating. I kind of thought maybe some allergic reaction? But, she is the one that doesnt get migraines!
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:13 pm

no

lol

Smile
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Does anybody else  have occasional red ears? Empty Red ears

Post  Lil Bird Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:51 pm

I do occasionaly. Usually after taking certain antibiotics.
Lil Bird
Lil Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:49 am

NO, but I do get also a sort of flushing on my cheek at times or get ghpstly pale with migraine.
I also get embarassingly red, red nose, when I am cold. Had migraine since childhood, too.
Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:11 pm

how interesting.
as child my ears, or just one, would suddenly become very uncomfortably hot and beet red, downright painful,
sometime just more'n half of the ear.
I don't remember how long it lasted but I remember it was very unpleasant.

My daughter had the same thing. She still gets it occasionally (she's 19 now).

We never ever found out what or why caused it. I too would like to know what the heck it was.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Does anybody else  have occasional red ears? Empty Red Ears

Post  Hal Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:18 am

My ears turned red once when I was giving a speach to a group of women. Someone pointed out that my zipper was down. Boy, did my ears turn red. Embarassed I've also noticed that they turn red when it is very cold and I have been outside playing in the snow with the grandkids.

I think you guys are just plain wierd.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down