migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heartbeat in Ear

+7
Cathy
Hal
30yrsofheadache
kathy
pen
annabella
Kate
11 posters

Go down

Heartbeat in Ear Empty Heartbeat in Ear

Post  Kate Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:58 pm

Does anyone hear their heartbeat in their ear when they have a m? It seems like mine is more intensified when I have a m.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Heartbeat in Ear Empty Re: Heartbeat in Ear

Post  annabella Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:08 pm

yep i do as well, i was told it is because all the blood vessels to that side of the head are swollen and push on the fine bones of the ear drum and you can literally hear the blood whooshing through. it can be quite off-putting hearing your heart pulsing through your ear. just another idiosyncratic part of migraine and headache i suppose as not everyone gets it.

i have had migraines since i was a small child and the sound used to wake me up at night as it sounded like there was a loud train coming into the bedroom !! my parents thought i was having dreams but i wasn't, i was having a headache.

annabella
annabella

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:10 pm

It varies in intensity, but yes, I hear it too. And my ears ring really loudly sometimes.
Sometimes I have what I call "Psycho ears". Because they sound like the shower scene from "Psycho".
I hate that....

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  kathy Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Thanks for that question because I have had that question for years with no answer.
kathy

kathy

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:14 am

I get that when I am lying down. It is worse with taking migraine meds, but not sure if it is migraine itself or the meds or both. I get it so bad that I cant fall asleep. Taing my Inderal at night helps.
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:36 pm

WOW, really never associated the heartbeat thing with a migraine. I get the heartbeat in the ears quite often at night and sometimes during the day. I have had that for years. I thought I was just wierd.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

YES!!!! I just noticed it the other day. I was laying down with a migraine with my ice packs on and couldn't figure out what the noise was. I thought it was my one clock that I can hear the hand going round but it was two rooms away. Then I thought maybe it was the rain. Then I realized it was my own blood pounding through my ears.

Aren't we so lucky to know others like us? Embarassed Oh cool, the embarrassed emoticon looks like a heartbeat in the head. How appropriate.

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:10 am

Not only do I hear my heartbeat in my ear during a m, my left ear rings more intensly. I do have tennitous but the ringing for some reason gets more intense with a m.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Heartbeat in Ear Empty Constant heartbeat in ears

Post  tanyaison Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:21 am

Thank you all for sharing your experience with this. Just this week, this has happened to me and it was very scary. I had attending an exercise bootcamp Monday night....in the middle of exercise of lifting weights from shoulders up (shoulder press) I felt a snap and a crinkle feeling in my left side of neck. We thought it was a pinched nerve. Immediate pain hit the top left side of my head. I finished workout and went home. Pain wasn't that bad. Kinda forgot about it.

Tuesday felt ok, a little weak feeling in the area was where pain was Monday night, but nothing alarming.
Wednesday, had a private workout session with fitness trainer, had a little bit of pain once in awhile in that same area of left side of top of head just over my temple. After workout, went to store to get some groceries, got in car, thought I heard banging going on in the parking lot. Looked around, no construction work going on. Didn't give it much more thought. Got home, in garage, heard the banging sound again, it sounded like a hammer banging on a piece of metal. THought it was my car. Walked inside the house, and that was when I realized it was in my head and matched my heartbeat!

Got scared, thought that I had an aneurysm or something worse, called 9-1-1...ambulance arrived, EMTs checked me out said my vitals were better than theirs! My husband drove me to emergency, CT scan normal (whew), only thing doctor offered was pain medication which I declined.

Went to my cardiologist following day, said all symptoms do not warrant a MRI, said he thinks its a bad migraine of some type, gave me something for pain.

Hammer sound still in my head, two days later! It is driving me crazy. Still have lots of pain in my head, over the both temples and top of head. Can continually hear my heartbeat in my ears. Difficult to sleep, difficult to concentrate while this is going on. Head is so painful. THis is my 2nd day off from work.

Also went to chiropractor last night in the hopes an adjustment would provide some kind of relief. Didnt' help.

I have had migraines since I was in the 7th grade. the aura type, with flashing lights, vision problems, numbness on left side, headache afterwards for about three days, but gradually got less painful. As the years pass, this aura migraine is not too bad anymore. Back in 2002 had a terrible bout with vertigo on disability for 8 months until neurologist prescribed paxil, then it balanced my head out so I could drive again. It was horrible.

Now this weird heart beating in ear thing........migraines are awful. At least I have some comfort now reading your posts and understand others deal with this heart beating thing as well.

Thank you.

Cool

tanyaison

Back to top Go down

Heartbeat in Ear Empty ringing ears

Post  tanyaison Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:23 am

Also forgot to mention that I notice the ringing in my ears is louder than normal. I have had ringing in my ears since 2002 from the migraine vertigo incident.

you all take care out there.

tanyaison

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:39 am

I can hear it too, mainly at night for some reason.
Whoosh sound, like a pump going on, whoosh...
I never use to experience this, so I wondered if it was my high blood pressure.
I do not always have a h/a when this happens, either.
Another migraine peculiarity, obviosuly.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  silverray2030 Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 am

Interesting............... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

silverray2030

Back to top Go down

Post  stephgood Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:24 pm

I usually notice it mostly when I am laying on a pillow. It seem that the ear on the pillow is throbbing! It can get annoying. I also notice that if a dog is barking or a car with a loud steroe with bass drives by, i begin to throb to the beat!!!! I know it sounds silly, but it drives me nuts!
stephgood
stephgood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum