migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Strangling" type headaches...do you have these?

Go down

"Strangling"  type headaches...do you have these? Empty "Strangling" type headaches...do you have these?

Post  Guest Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:45 am

I am waking up with "strangling" type headaches....it feels as though my head is wrapped in rubber rope. It goes through the forehead, temples and back. It is so tight and deep that I cannot lift my head up or get up. I have to lie there for about an hour while it "loosens." After it "loosens" it begins to throb. I am left with this rope - like throbbing all day. Does anyone experience this or know what it could be I would appreciate all or any feedback. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

"Strangling"  type headaches...do you have these? Empty Re: "Strangling" type headaches...do you have these?

Post  LG Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:21 am

I have heard almost these exact words to describe a medication overuse headache. I am not saying that is what this is because it could be many different things but typically MOH are ones that feel like a rubber band tightening around your head, pain on both sides. Migraine pain is usually unilateral (one sided). You can ask your doctor when you go in for an appointment and if you are curious to see if it is MOH just stop taking OTC/any medications for a little while and see if it improves.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

"Strangling"  type headaches...do you have these? Empty Hi there:

Post  Guest Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:43 pm

My situation is that I don't take medication. I've only just found a doctor. Thanks for your input though. Any other ideas?

Back to top Go down

"Strangling"  type headaches...do you have these? Empty Re: "Strangling" type headaches...do you have these?

Post  LG Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Maybe new daily persistent headache?

here's a link describing symptoms
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

"Strangling"  type headaches...do you have these? Empty Thanks gia

Post  Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:13 pm

I have read about this before. However, this is the most significant article I've seen. Whether or not this is my situation it fits it to a tee. Thankyou for sending it. A few years ago a neurologist felt it was "Tension headaches/Chronic daily headache/transformed migraine." Sounds similar? However, this article could be it. Right down to remembering the exact time of onset. So, thanks again!!

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:15 pm

No problem. Glad I could help. Smile

Talk to your doc about it and maybe you guys can come up with some answers and a treatment that will work to get rid of these nasty things. I sure hope so.

Feel better Gail!! sunny
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

"Strangling"  type headaches...do you have these? Empty Hi there

Post  Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:14 pm

I've bumping this post in case there are more online during the week than on the week-end.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down