migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britain, You are not going to like this. And America, and all, do read....

+15
Olee
crt
TheBookworm411
estre004
Johnfd
Anna
LizzieB
02R96
mxgo
alli
lizholmesod
HeelerLady
Paradox
jwar
pen
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Britain, You are not going to like this. And America, and all, do read.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Britain, You are not going to like this. And America, and all, do read....

Post  estre004 Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:22 am

LHx - could you summarize the gist of it. Way too small print for my old eyes.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Britain, You are not going to like this. And America, and all, do read.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Britain, You are not going to like this. And America, and all, do read....

Post  pen Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:25 am

Linda it is a PDF you can enlarge quite a bit...my problem is concentrating on it, I am hopeless with documents these days.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  lizholmesod Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:55 am

It's summing up what we'd all agree with - migraine is debilitating, costs the country a lot of money in productivity and sufferers need to be properly respected and resourced. At least someone's talking sense!
LHx

lizholmesod

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:22 pm

That is a much better analysis and the other idiots should be looking at that. I can't summarize as I have a horrible M and can't concentrate that much. I just skimmed it but what I read was much more sypmathetic and had a focus on educationd doctors! on prevention and treatment. (thank god for hte vackspave key or my typing would loojk like thios all threough the pist. !)

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:37 pm

Thanks Liz, Triptan day, still trying to get through it.
A glimmer of sense there then...

The other one. They never seem to consider that if they took us seriously in the first place we might not have to go so often.
That said, I didn't go to my GP once last year because of migraine.
I went 11 times...ridiculous...but I got a series of bugs and then seemed to catch everything going.
Not once did I "bother" them with anything trivial, like migraine. Twisted Evil

Alli sorry its a bad day for you too, but I wish you would write all your posts like that. Made me laugh...and that hurt my head... lol!

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  LizzieB Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Alli, sorry you're suffering but you made me laugh too. Made me think we ought to have a 'happy thread' on here Very Happy Very Happy

Sorry Pen you're having a bad day too, so am I. Woke with a horror, the Migard made the worst go away but stayed feeling foul most of the day. In fact I feel really grumpy, not helped by this stupid campaign.

I didn't notice the email links at the bottom of the Migraine Trust's report you posted at the beginning of this thread. Anyway I have now and blasted off a reply to each of the signatories listed. Have all you Brits done this too or anyone for that matter, it would be fantastic if you've the time. I just copied and pasted to each one.

Grrrrrr
Liz
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:03 pm

I intend to Liz, haven't felt like it today, but I agree, we all should.

If the triptan hit the migraine like it used to for me, i would only take half as many.
I dont know if that is me or the triptan, but like you i feel irritable and rotten even thought less pain now.

Its now raining a lot here....hmmm

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:03 pm

Have you noticed who wrote this revelation?
Mainly GP's, Men's Health and Nurse Practitioners.
One of the doctors last name is Fraud. Well Fradd, but I'm sure it 's a typo.
No wonder it's such a stupid article.

Evil or Very Mad

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:26 pm

Sorry, but I didn't see any Nurse Practitioners on the list. In fact, unless I'm missing something (always quite possible) I only saw one nurse on the list. I did see that it was sponsored and paid for by a trade body representing manufacturers of non-prescription meds and supplements. Follow the money.
Anna
Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  thegirlwithbrowneyes Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:47 pm

It's absolutely outraging.

I'm a teacher and I always say, if these Congressman and head haunchos at the Department of Education spent two weeks in a classroom, they'd head running for the hills.

It's the same with this situation, obviously, they aren't migraine sufferers.

It worries me that the new healthcare bill they are trying to get passed could really make it difficult for all of us M sufferers to get the help we need.

Already I'm fighting with my new insurance company, BCBS, they are trying to say my Migraine is a pre-existing condition. Why yes genius, I've been diagnosed with genetic Migranosis to be perfectly clear. Genetics, pre-existing? YEP, I was born with these genes thank you very much.

I can only imagine the bills that are going to rack up during my hospitalization and treatment program that is coming up starting the 29th of March.

ENRAGING! I better wait until I'm not on a migraine induced mood swing to click the email link at the bottom....
thegirlwithbrowneyes
thegirlwithbrowneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2