migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upper GI Endoscopy

2 posters

Go down

Upper GI Endoscopy Empty Upper GI Endoscopy

Post  mfanton2010 Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Today, I had an upper GI endoscopy, and everything is okay. They did find some undigested food in my stomach and I'm going to have a couple blood tests done next week. I'm also taking new meds for my stomach (can't remember the name, it starts with R.)
All afternoon and evening I've had a sore throat. I know it's going to take a couple of days to get better, but I wanted to know how to make it so it doesn't hurt so much when I swallow. I notice smoothies seem to help and hot drinks help out. I just didn't know if anyone here had an Upper GI endoscope?
I'm glad nothing major was found though. All I remember before going "night night" was "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" by Elton John and Kiki Dee. They had the radio on in the endoscopic room, which made me relax. It went really fast.

mfanton2010

https://www.facebook.com/littlemissdisaster?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Upper GI Endoscopy Empty Re: Upper GI Endoscopy

Post  tecky Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:34 am

I just had one last August, but my throat wasn't really sore, just a little scratchy for several days afterwards.

Isn't there an OTC spray that kind of numbs the pain (I can't remember the name right now). I'm trying to think back to my childhood when I had many bouts of tonsillitis and strep throat, but I don't remember that anything really helped with the pain swallowing. I remember how much it hurt just swallowing my own saliva, so I understand your pain.

Have you tried sucking on hard candy or mild cough drops (Vicks maybe)? They might help.

Hope you're able to find something soon. Please take care.

Becky flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  mfanton2010 Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:34 pm

My throat is feeling better. It still hurts, but not as bad as yesterday. Smile

mfanton2010

https://www.facebook.com/littlemissdisaster?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:44 pm

That's good. Hope it will feel better as each day goes by.

Becky cheers
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down