migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is possibly Fibro not migraine

+4
CluelessKitty
Mule Kick
dcook60
pen
8 posters

Go down

This is possibly Fibro not migraine Empty This is possibly Fibro not migraine

Post  pen Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:46 am

Does anyone else wake up feeling lousy each morning?
I never used to but the last year or so, I feel horrible.
It does usually improve eventually, but there is no way I could get up and go to work.
I wouldn't be safe to drive. Feel disoriented.
Regardless of migraine on waking.

I feel much better when I go to bed.

If no one can concur then will assume its fibro...

thanks.
P

pen

Back to top Go down

This is possibly Fibro not migraine Empty fibro?

Post  dcook60 Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:17 am

pen, i've felt very lousy every morning, as long as i can remember (and that's a long long time.....)

my diagnosis of fibro was about 20 years ago, and i do believe i've had it since forever. i just do not understand morning people!

i nearly always feel much better in the evening, and my daily migraines hit about midnight or a bit later. i take a triptan as soon as i realize it's severe enough, being careful not to waste them. as you know, i get a huge supply, but still i don't want to overdo it.

fibro people tend to feel pretty terrible, mornings. in the past years, i led a support group, and this is a common scenario.

i have to work some early mornings, and i must go to bed about 8 p.m. in order to get up and move at that ungodly hour. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

This is possibly Fibro not migraine Empty Re: This is possibly Fibro not migraine

Post  Mule Kick Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:03 pm

I usually feel more tired when I get up (especially if I have to get up in the morning), than I do when I go to bed (especially when I go to bed early in order to get up early in the morning).

I have NEVER been a morning person!
{Except possibly sometimes back in my late teens / early twenties when I would get up in the dark of a summer morning, to ride my pony in the cool of the day, before it got hot enough to trigger a headache.}
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

This is possibly Fibro not migraine Empty Re: This is possibly Fibro not migraine

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Oh, I do!!

But I think it is neurological. there is so many possible connections. The screwed up sleeping pattern I have,
for one:
http://dspsinfo.tripod.com/

can make you feel really awful upon waking up.
Certain triptans, like Maxalt I take can make you feel like fibro.
Musculoskeletal: Infrequent were muscle weakness, stiffness, myalgia, muscle cramp, musculoskeletal pain, arthralgia, and muscle spasm.

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/maxalt-side-effects.html

there could be many more fibro like probs assocciated with M.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:35 pm

I used to be a morning person...I can't do it anymore. I used to be up between 5:30 and 5:45 every morning to walk my dogs. The preventatives - yeah I know they are doing something. The current one, I cannot get up much before 6:30...just physically can't do it no matter how early I go to bed. I don't have a diagnosis of fibro as all my problems are from the neck up (from what I understand it's more widespread than that).
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:41 pm

It can be more widespread than that, but when I was tested I was surprised.
I had all of the tender points and hurt in places I didn't know I had.
My problems are all shouders up, mainly neck....But I recall my knees really hurting when they pressed...who knew...
So you may be a winner too... Smile

I am seldom up before 10am these days.
I get up and come back to bed for an hour to sort of ready myself.
Ridiculous, but for now, its what works.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:15 am

God! no i dont do mornings, never have, i am disorientated, clumsey, bad tempered, slow and vague in the mornings, i try to keep a lid on it for the kids sake, but it takes me about 3 hours to get going, most days after boys have gone to school all i want to do is get back in bed, i dont, otherwise i would acheive nothing, the preventatives have made it worse, but even b4 them i was not a morning person,

my husband is a morning person, he gets up has a shower and gets on with the day, but by 8pm he is shattered, where as i am still going strong, we are complete opposites,
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:45 am

I have Fibro and I almost always feel like crap in the mornings. I have to take an afternoon nap almost every day. Been dx's with Fibro for about 5 years. I am on Lyrica and that has really helped with a lot of the pain but the tiredness is still there.

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

This is possibly Fibro not migraine Empty feel horrible in the morning

Post  crt Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:33 am

I almost always feel bad in the morning. I have since I was in elementary school. I remember how hard my Mom had to work at getting me up to go to school. It's a little better when I exercise all the time. I walk every day but have not been weight lifting as often as I should. Oh, and I'm not talking about days with migraines. I just feel awful in the morning even without migraines. Migraine days make it all that much worse.

It is so difficult to force myself to go to work but I have no other means of support and I support another person too. Every day I so badly want to call in sick but rarely do. I tell myself, "Go in for two hours. You can come home early if you have to." I usually end up working the entire day but it isn't easy.

That's why I get so secretly angry when people who don't care ask, "How are you?" Little do they know that I am barely holding it together. I'm scared of losing my job. We're in such economic bad times and there are so many people out of work. You know how people gossip at work. All I (don't!) need is the word getting around that, "She's always feeling sick and tired."

Laws or not, employers can always come up with a legitimate reason for dumping and employee although everyone knows the real reason. And I can understand the employer's position. Why keep an employee who is sick and feeling negative when there are 100 perky, positive people standing in line to take her/his job?

It seems like the only thing I can do to help myself currently is to get more exercise and lose the flabbage.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down