migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Cindy W

3 posters

Go down

To Cindy W Empty To Cindy W

Post  Anna's Mom Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:16 pm

I finished my book, and I enjoyed it very much. Yes, it was Cozad where they lived during the beginning of her life. Then when she married, she moved to the Birchwood River.

I did get the book on a used book site, and it was a pretty good copy. I bet you can find one also.

I'd love to come out there some day! We have always wanted to go to Pioneer Village. And now I'd love to see Grace's quilts in your museums.

I was reading in Midwest Living magazine about a great prime rib place in York. Have you heard of good prime rib there?

I'd love to see the sandhills Smile

What do you think of the area west of you and of Nebraska in general? Other than not many people live west of you!

I was thinking if we drive out there some day, we would go home way of Valentine and Murdo, S.D.

What do you love about living there?

Good to hear your hubby's business is doing well Smile

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

To Cindy W Empty RE: To Cindy W

Post  Cindy*W Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Cheryl,

Pioneer Village is a really neat place to visit.

It is huge and there is so much to look at.

Just about 20 minutes from there is the Arch in Kearney. I haven't been there in awhile but it is worth seeing.

The restaurant I think you are referring to in York is "Chances R" and it is really good, but we have an even better one here in Grand Island.

It is called, "Uncle Ed's" and we always go there for special occassions.

I swear they have the best steaks, mushrooms, and food in general that I have ever had.

The Filet Mignon just melts in your mouth.

West of us is gorgeous to drive.

When I worked, I drove up there twice a month and it is pretty.

One thing I like about Nebraska is the people.

They are very common sense, friendly people that LOVE their football!

I remember the first time I came here for a visit, we were at the mall and they had the game playing over the loudspeakers! That was something new to me.

Also, when the game is on, the stores and the roads are pretty empty.

Everybody is at home or at the bar watching the game.

Hope that helps.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

To Cindy W Empty Re: To Cindy W

Post  Anna's Mom Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:24 pm

Uncle Ed's, I'll remember that! Yes, it was the Chance place in York.

I've read about the beautiful historic white country church that was restored in York and moved to a college campus.

I'm glad to hear the sandhills are beautiful. I really want to go there some day.

My in-laws went to Pioneer Village long ago, and they had such a wonderful time. We know it is huge!

My co-worker is from Sckyler. I'm not spelling that right, but you probably know what I mean. By Columbus.

She is a great person. And her sister-in-law that comes to visit every year. I enjoy talking to them. They love their beef, those gals! LOL. And they know how to cook it.

I know football is huge in Nebraska.

Where were you born, Cindy?

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

To Cindy W Empty up late can't sleep ne people online?

Post  dailyha-rose Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:47 pm

hi, folks. i was up late 11:34 here in wi. wondering if anyone else was up. just going to bed. happened to see some talk about ne. hope you do not mind but i am going to Kearney on 3/24. planning on going to the rowe sanctuary to see the crane migration. as a migraineur, i am not that excited as we will drive, rest one night then up early to go to rowe to hike 1/2 miles to a blind. great then i have to stand 2hrs. and then head back. planning to do it again the same night and then again the next a.m.

i love cranes but am so scared my normal daily ha will get bad or else blow up into a big M. have a note from my neuro. etc.. really afraid because i do not know if the kearney er will read my drs. orders and treat my M. or if they will be difficult. hate to get sick but it really stinks if the er staff is rotten.

not help but notice some rest. and places mentioned... was being nosy as we have never been there before. ooops. my husband just woke up and asked me to try to get some sleep.

willl jot down the ideas i saw here and maybe we can go to some of the places in our "down time".
could
p.s.
do you know of any er in kearney or close by that do not treat M. patients as drug seekers?
thought i would ask.

thanks.
rose Sleep

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:11 am

Rose, you're not being nosy Smile

Glad you joined the conversation!

The Minneapolis newspaper just did a story on the cranes:

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/travel/84774932.html?elr=KArksUUUoDEy3LGDiO7aiU

I hope you can enjoy your trip. Hopefully your head will cooperate.

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

To Cindy W Empty saw the story

Post  dailyha-rose Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:05 pm

hey, thanks

just looked up the story. and emailed it to my husband. other links to look up also. hope my head cooperates. am carrying my "orders" with me and getting my drug/opioid contract (for rescue inj.) updated. best you can do is be organized. rest is up to the er staff.
glad you emailed back.
wonder what else to do if i do feel well. would be a great "vacation" for my long-suffering husband if we get to play tourists. Laughing
rose

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:08 pm

Rose: Just wanted to let you know that I have been to Kearney ER a few times myself when I got a major M and we were over there.

Kearney ER is really fantastic. They just asked what I normally get and gave it to me, no questions asked. I think you will be just fine if you have to go.

Cheryl: I was born and grew up in St. Joseph, MO. My parents still live there so a couple of times a year I go back. We are having our 30th class reunion in August and I hope to get there. Let me know if you have any other questions. I can't wait to get that book. I haven't had alot of good reading material lately.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:55 pm

If you can't find it on your favorite site, check out Amazon or www.abebooks.com

Let me know when you are reading it.

I was so amazed at her memory!

"No Time on My Hands" by Grace Snyder.

Her most complicated quilt had over 87,000 pieces.

Amazing! I want to see at least one of her quilts some day.

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Rose: I was telling my husband that you were staying in Kearney when you come, and he said that the Best Western South right off the Interstate was just remodeled less than a year ago because they did some of the phone work there.

Also, there is a Holiday Inn also that has a world renowned chef that cooks in the restaurant. My daughter and I want to go try some of his food. It sounds so good.

Don't worry about the Kearney ER, you will be just fine. They are really good there.

Cheryl: I will let you know when I get my book. I am ordering it off Alibris.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:42 am

Cindy,

There's a second book called Pioneer Girl by Andrea Warren. More of a childrens' book about Grace's life.

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down