migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is VICKY ??? ...

+4
ajr
Paradox
Ivy
CluelessKitty
8 posters

Go down

Where is VICKY ??? ... Empty Where is VICKY ??? ...

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:04 am

Has anybody heard from Vicky, please?

I am concerned we haven't seen her here for such a long time!

I don't have an account with Facebook, if anybody has please can you check if she was there recently? let us know?
Or if someone is in touch with her via phone??

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Where is VICKY ??? ... Empty Re: Where is VICKY ??? ...

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:03 pm

bump
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:26 am

I left a message on Viki's board on FB....
The last time she wrote something on FB was Jan 21.
I hope that she will soon show up.
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:16 am

Oh gosh that's a long time ago...

If anyone remember Vicky's last name, perhaps it would be OK to look her ph# up in the directory and call her? what do you think?

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:51 am

It started with a G.

Risa, sweetie, I remember one time I dropped out of sight for awhile. A looong while. That was when things were bad for me with the meds. I didn't email you or anything. Just, POOF!, I was gone.

When I came back to the living, I emailed you telling what had happened and apologizing for my absence. You responded that there was no need to apologize that that was the beauty of the anonymity of the Internet. That we can come and go as we choose.

So, that being said, do we respect the privacy, or do we look at this site as a forum of friends and not just strangers behind a computer screen? I think of you guys as my friends.

I don't know what the answer is...but I'm leaning more towards the friends...

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:10 pm

Yes, that's true, but .... still... Vicky came back from Brazil although feeling very sick still all hyped and happy
and was supposed to post as usual then suddenly dropped off from the face of earth, you know what I mean??

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:46 pm

It's in the old forum archives.

Last edited by ajr on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:50 pm

I got a post card from her but beyond that, I don't know.

By the way, could you (ajr) please take down her last name? I don't think it's a good idea to publicize it.

Thanks,
£eslie
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:57 pm

She did that post about how to pronounce it - that's the only reason I knew it and that's the only reason I posted it since she already posted it herself.

Last edited by ajr on Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:06 pm

I would call Vicky myself just to ask if she's OK but here's the thing- I can't hear over the phone.
But I am really really concerned, It's been too long and I think it would be good if someone dared to call her and checked up on her.

I think she'd forgive us.. You can tell her I insisted. Yes, blame me.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:27 pm

I'd be happy to call her if someone can PM her phone number. And yes, I will tell her Risa insisted.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:08 am

Thanks! I've sent you PM.
Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:42 am

I talked to Vicky this morning. She has given me permission to post that she is fine, just struggling quite a bit with her M's and looking at her computer screen bothers her.

She was very touched by the concern of her Ronda's friends. She will try and post when her head is better.

I'm very relieved.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:13 pm

Charlotte thank you so much for doing that. I am immensely relieved, too and so glad she fine otherwise.
Of course now we can wait patiently for her return.

Thanks again for contacting her for us.
She is such a sweet girl and we certainly wouldn't want anything happen to her!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:44 am

Thank you Charlotte and Risa for making contact with Vicki. I am relieved to know sheis fine.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryAnneLive Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:05 pm

Thank you all for taking the time to contact her. I am relieved to know that everything is ok.

Mary Anne
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:45 am

You guys all make me fell so loved! I'm sorry for being away for so long, but I've had a very difficult time of it since getting back from Brazil. My doctor believes (based upon some new studies she saw at the big headache conference in Pennsylvania a few months ago) that my methadone may actually be making me more sensitive to the pain, a conclusion the researchers of the study came to.

So she is having me go off it very slowly. I decrease by 2.5 mg just three days a week for two weeks (between visits) and then go further the following week. So the doctor says that the increments are too tiny for me to be feeling pain as a result of going off the medicine.

I love my doctor, but sometimes I wonder. Her solution for everything lately seems to be to go off the methadone. If I'm feeling better, let's take advantage of that and cut back even more! If I'm feeling worse, then we really need to cut back to get rid of any pain enhancing element of the methadone. So I'm left feeling rather out of control.

We tried a new concoction at the ER the last couple of weeks. I was given 20 mg of reglan and 50 mg of benadryl as an IV. Then, a little later, I was given another 20 mg of reglan and 25 mg of benadryl.

The purpose is to try to knock me out and let me sleep because I have a poor quality of sleep, being in pain all the time (I didn't sleep at all last night!). We all know what a good quality sleep can do for a migraine.

And apparently, benadryl can help the migraine some too. The first time I tried it, I was about a 8.5, and it worked quite well then. I'd just been at such a high level of pain for so long that when my mom had a class at Kaiser, I just rode along with her and went to the ER.

But on Sunday, I got really, really bad. The new combo did nothing to touch the pain, and thus the pain kept me awake. And I had the misfortune to end up with the same doctor I seem to see all the time. He knows nothing about migraine treatment (he was shocked that those crazy neurologists would "experiment" with giving depakote!), and he is certain that anything more than a couple mg of morphine will kill me. Nothing anyone says, not even an examination of my chart, which shows I get 25 mg twice a month regularly, would budge him. So after 7 hours in the ER, I went home in almost as much pain as when we went in.

And then I woke up on Monday even worse! I was in total agony. The good thing is that on a weekday, I can go in to my PCP's office and get a shot of 25 mg, as she leaves the prescription for me at the front desk.

The problem was that since Monday was a new month, she hadn't written my new prescription yet, and she called in sick Monday. I was so desperate and extra glad when the nurse got the head MD to write the prescription. Most doctors wouldn't without seeing me, as I know from experience, so I appreciated that.

And yet despite all that, I'm still not much better. I hardly ever get out of bed anymore. I'm just in too much pain. So that explains my absence from this page.

Thanks for caring for me, everyone, and tracking me down! It really helped to encourage me on a day when I was particularly bad.
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down