migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraine schedule

5 posters

Go down

Migraine schedule Empty Migraine schedule

Post  estre004 Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:00 am

For the heck of it, how many of you get your migraines pretty much on a regular schedule. I, for instance, get them 2-3 times a week no matter what the weather is, what I eat, etc. That is why I gave up trying to figure out a trigger. It is like my body has a rhythm that includes 2-3 migraines a week (kind of like menstrual cycles coming once a month).

estre004

Back to top Go down

Migraine schedule Empty Re: Migraine schedule

Post  pen Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:31 am

I now have one every 3/4 days after the last Triptan. Sometimes I get cheated and I only get 1/2 days.
Other times I get 5/6 days. But it is fairly regular. I cant find that it has anything to do with anything I eat or do.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:29 am

For me it is like my brain can only take so much and then it has to let it all out and I have a migraine episode...............and then my brain can relax again til the triggers add up again and put my brain into overdrive. If I am good and stay away from my triggers (hard to do when lights and the sun are major triggers!) So my migraines right now are on a regular daily evening schedule but I did get the day off yesterday!
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:53 pm

For years, I have kept an accurate account on a Sunday to Saturday calendar spreadsheet of when I get migraines. I don't ever rely on memory.

For me, I found there is a correlation to hormone changes and seasonal changes, but I have never been able to predict them to the day I just "know" I will get one. With this, I have booked holidays around when I am less likely to have a bad week. When I change/adjust meds or have a mysterious bad spell, I can make notes and try to pinpoint what it is. This is how I found out that pepperoni is a huge no no for me.
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:02 pm

Interesting and good idea Angela - I would think you would have to do this for a year to come up with an accurate correlation but well worth it if you could pin even one thing down.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:35 pm

I used to do exactly that. Work around them. Now they have become too frequent and erratic to plan anything.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:45 pm

Ditto Pen,

My neuro says I'm having one headache continueing, it doesn't go away anymore. I have also tried eliminating foods, my HRT, diet coke, you name it, I don't think anything triggers it, it just doesn't go away, only thing helping is steroids and you can't live on them......

So what the now???????????????????????????????????????
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:49 pm

Sherri, I am sorry we seem to be in the same boat, but glad to not be the only one....
One day, maybe it will just go back wherever it came from... Crying or Very sad

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:24 am

Sherri - I was given the steroids after a car accident when my migraine wouldn't go away. Fortunately they worked. I was told that if they didn't I would have to do physical therapy. ???????? I am real curious as to what that would be. I don't think my neuro obviously has had a migraine himself. I don't know how you guys do it that get no relief. Although I get them often, I am able to abort them. I can't imagine not being able to. I wish you my best.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down