migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mini rant.

+2
HeelerLady
pen
6 posters

Go down

Mini rant. Empty Mini rant.

Post  pen Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:04 am

I get a migraine, and sometimes I get a day off and then it returns...actually usually that is the case.
I woke this morning after yesterdays Triptan day. My head was "ok" (means only hurting)
About 11 it got a bit nasty, but as I have had an upset stomach I was trying to get something to eat before trying OTC.
I did eat, and the head meanwhile improved. I "forgot" to take anything.
Suddenly and I mean suddenly, like a switch it got awful abt 12.50.
I took OTC immediately, but it didnt help at all.
I have to give them 90 minutes they are slow with me.
Now I have had to take another Triptan, you all know how I agonise over that.
But I feel it needs stopping if I can. The side effects have kicked in within a half hour....unusual, but maybe it means it will work quicker, hope so...

Why cant there be some sort of consistency to these things....
And HOW do they come on so quickly, no warning, just "Bamm"
So that another couch day for me. Mind you its horrible out there.
Rant over...

pen

Back to top Go down

Mini rant. Empty Re: Mini rant.

Post  HeelerLady Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:19 am

Pen,

Mine come on like that too. Feeling rather yucky and eat something just so meds aren't on an empty stomach, feel better and forget to take the meds. Then all of a sudden, whammo, more ill than before I was planning on taking the meds. I think we suffer mild amnesia, when we start to feel better then as that wears off....it stinks!

Guess have to work on training myself to take the meds when I start to feel bad and not wait until it's awful. This is really hard - I think subconsciously hoping it will get better and I don't need to do it. Ugh. So much for my little imagined reality.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:36 am

Hi Pen,
after you eat, you blood circulation concentrates in your stomach to digest food. So, it somehow slows down in the head. As inter/extra cranial blood vessel dilation is an important part of the migraine condition, you will get relief if blood circulation slows down in the head area and increases in the stomach.

We should try to eat H24; we'd get obese but maybe painfree Smile
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:41 am

HeelerLady wrote:Pen,

Mine come on like that too. Feeling rather yucky and eat something just so meds aren't on an empty stomach, feel better and forget to take the meds. Then all of a sudden, whammo, more ill than before I was planning on taking the meds. I think we suffer mild amnesia, when we start to feel better then as that wears off....it stinks!

Guess have to work on training myself to take the meds when I start to feel bad and not wait until it's awful. This is really hard - I think subconsciously hoping it will get better and I don't need to do it. Ugh. So much for my little imagined reality.

You wrote the other half of my rant for me......sorry it isnt just me...well glad but you know what i mean.
And so far side effects but no help. usually gets worse before i get any relief from tripan.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:05 am

Sad Not fun. I suppose it is because my triptan is an injection that it moves quicker. I get relief in a half hour or so but the side-effects kick in in 10-15 minutes.

This conversation reminds me - I need to go take my pills. Razz
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:10 am

Still waiting, its been 90 minutes so far. They never help in less than 2 hours and often its 5....

Oh great, now a hot flush/flash, boy that pushes the pain.....ooooh

well it has taken 2 and half hours and I am now in less pain.
I am still sitting here, but more comfortably.
I suppose considering I probably needed it earlier but was too stupid to realise... Laughing
Could be worse....

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Sorry Pen. I hate this too. I try triptans all the time to just see if they may work. Last night I went out with my husband to a little hole in the wall bar but I just knew it was going to trigger a migraine, although strangely..I didn't get one while I was there. They burned incense, smoked cigarettes by the back door, played LOUD (but good) music, and there was this little strobe light off in the corner. I just walked into the place and said, "oh no. migraine central." I took a triptan IMMEDIATELY! I tried Estre's prevention plan.

I went home about an hour after being there, fell asleep as soon as I got home and woke up with an intense migraine that I have been fighting today. Luckily, I had Relpax which doesn't give me any noticable side effects. However, if you read my post a couple days ago I tried Zomig and that was horrendous. I had heart palpitations, my heart rate dropped, my pulse was weak and I had such shallow breathing that I was getting dizzy plus I still had a migraine!!

If it works, it's great. If it doesn't though...eck. Sorry your having a rough day, hope the triptan kicks in full force really soon.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Thanks.
It has taken 5 hours and its 8pm now, but my head is easier.
I now have an upset stomach, but one thing at a time.
Tomorrow. well who knows...

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Ivy wrote:Hi Pen,
after you eat, you blood circulation concentrates in your stomach to digest food. So, it somehow slows down in the head. As inter/extra cranial blood vessel dilation is an important part of the migraine condition, you will get relief if blood circulation slows down in the head area and increases in the stomach.

We should try to eat H24; we'd get obese but maybe painfree Smile

well you learn something new everyday i didnt realise that, thanks for sharing,

i do find that sometimes i can have a low grade M that hangs around all day i live with it and do not take anything and then as if by magic it disappears after i have had my evening meal, and so i have come to think that even if i dont feel hungry, my blood sugar is doing its own thing.

this has happened quite alot, over the years, of course when i have a stinker eating does nothing to improve it.
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:27 pm

~The blood circulation in the stomach reminds me of my healer friend trying to teach me to heat up my hands and feet to relief the pressure in my head. She did it so well and I could do it with her.
On my own....crap...

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  moominamy Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:28 pm

You could try a foot bath for a similar effect maybe?

Amy

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:37 pm

I have Amy. It doesnt work, it has to be an internal kind of warming....I dont know what the difference is, but it doesnt work.
My husband can warm his hands up easily, just thinks them warm. He doesnt have headaches....

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:40 pm

i read once about putting your hands under warm/hot water to help ward off a migraine, i cant recall the reasons, but i do try it ! not sure it works though.
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:51 pm

theresae wrote:i read once about putting your hands under warm/hot water to help ward off a migraine, i cant recall the reasons, but i do try it ! not sure it works though.

No as I say it doesnt work, it obviously isnt just the heat, it is the energy used or something that relieves the head pressure.
Not sure, but although I did it with my healer Irene, I have never managed to do it by myself. And yes with her it helped, but then again with her I cleared my sinus congestion, and all sorts of other things. Healing is amazing, and we can all do it.
But I think if you are not well it is very hard.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down