migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A minor breakthrough perhaps. Thanks.

+5
Chinookgrl
lentils
Cindy*W
Stillhurtin
pen
9 posters

Go down

A minor breakthrough perhaps. Thanks. Empty A minor breakthrough perhaps. Thanks.

Post  pen Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:49 pm

Before I leave this forum, or at least refrain from posting. I wanted to take the time just to say thank you to everyone that has tried to help and advise me. It is much appreciated, and I hope I have managed to reciprocate here and there myself.

I just wanted to say, I have an appointment with the neuro in April....yes I got back on to him and got an appointment.
I just forgot to tell anyone. I have memory problems due to the fibro, I do forget where I am sometimes.
I will have to try to move it as it is 12.30 and I am not likely to be able to get there, but I had a suggestion on here to take a triptan the night before and as I have a couple spare now, I will try this, in order to get me there.

Second, I got out for the afternoon today by trying another suggestion of medicating early.
I usually wait, but today I didn't and they worked better. Still slow, but at least they worked.
So despite a bad back and pulled neck, and upset stomach....I beat the head and went to Costco....
Not exciting, but so good to get out of the house.

I am starting butterbur again, as in the prophylactic PDF I posted, it comes out quite well.
Maybe no help, but at least no side effects....I could say more about that, but it seems too late now.

Anyway, that is where I am, and using the earlier med strategy I have now not taken a Triptan for 4 days.
I was waiting to see how long to report back.
Thank you to those people, and I may post again to update you, but will try to refrain from asking for help.

Thanks again, hope you all have some good days.
Goodnight.

pen

Back to top Go down

A minor breakthrough perhaps. Thanks. Empty Re: A minor breakthrough perhaps. Thanks.

Post  Stillhurtin Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:41 pm

?

Did I miss something?

Why are you refraining from posting?
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

A minor breakthrough perhaps. Thanks. Empty Re: A minor breakthrough perhaps. Thanks.

Post  pen Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:45 pm

I seem to be giving the impression of being defeatist and not appreciating peoples help and time spend advising me.
I dont want to either give that impression nor offend anyone, so I thought it best to keep out of things.
But I had just wanted to leave an update.
Thanks for asking. And trying to help me.
Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

A minor breakthrough perhaps. Thanks. Empty Re: A minor breakthrough perhaps. Thanks

Post  Cindy*W Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Obviously I have missed something here.

I don't know why you have made the decision to quit posting Pen.

Sometimes things are said here and perhaps misunderstood.

Anyway, don't stop posting.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:20 pm

Cindy thank you.
I appreciate your comments, but it has become difficult.
A person has misunderstood me, and it has now got a bit out of hand.
I probably shouldn't even have posted the update, but I wanted to let people know I do appreciate their efforts to help.
I will sleep on it, as I need to, its almost 1.30am here.
Thanks,
Night.
P

pen

Back to top Go down

A minor breakthrough perhaps. Thanks. Empty posting

Post  lentils Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Pen,
Post away, that is what the forum is for.
I found this in my Google alert
http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/5010142.Help_for_Colchester_migraine_sufferers/

I don't know if you live close by or would be interested, anyway, I was thinking of you Smile!

lentils

Back to top Go down

A minor breakthrough perhaps. Thanks. Empty a minor breakthrough

Post  Chinookgrl Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:57 pm

I may have missed something also as I have been on here a lot lately. But I agree post away Pen that is what this is here for.
I have always thought and still do that you are searching for an answer and support like the rest of us and as a matter of fact some of your thoughtful digging has unearthed some interesting ideas about migraine.

Whatever you decide to do good luck to you. I do hope you find some answers and of course some relief.

Jo
Chinookgrl
Chinookgrl

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:40 am

lentils wrote:Pen,
Post away, that is what the forum is for.
I found this in my Google alert
http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/5010142.Help_for_Colchester_migraine_sufferers/
I don't know if you live close by or would be interested, anyway, I was thinking of you Smile!

How kind of you. I dont think we have "spoken" before, so hello.
Actually I know Lee and also one of the neuros.
I went to the same event in my area last February.
I learned quite a bit, but sadly had hoped to find some "friends" in this area to form a support group.
Its a strange area, no interest at all. MAA were very disappointed, but the meeting turn out was good.
If you are in England I recommend them. My only criticism is that it was 10am till 4pm and for many of us that was too long.
The attendance was down to about 50% after lunch.(which was horrible Ha!! Think BR sandwiches.)

Pen cheers

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  WitsEnd Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:47 am

Pen,
Don't go.... I'm not usually not in a position to help with the questions you post, but I certaily read them and try to help.

You will be missed if you go Crying or Very sad
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:54 am

Chinookgrl wrote:I may have missed something also as I have been on here a lot lately. But I agree post away Pen that is what this is here for.
I have always thought and still do that you are searching for an answer and support like the rest of us and as a matter of fact some of your thoughtful digging has unearthed some interesting ideas about migraine.
Whatever you decide to do good luck to you. I do hope you find some answers and of course some relief.
Jo

Hi Jo,
Thanks for the comment. It boils down to this. Some people on here are far more direct than me. I am very sensitive.
I ask for help, and I read every word, but have not taken all the advice for varying reasons. And have been remiss in not reporting back. So it apparently looks as if I have ignored the suggestions, and this I suppose to some feels like a waste of their time.

So I am sorry for that. I have some memory problems from the fibro, and I do sometimes forget "where I was in the posts".
If I miss a few days with migraine, I guess I dont scroll down far enough and that does look neglectful.

If I give opinions or advice I dont expect anything of anyone. Its free, and its your prerogative to take it or leave it.
BUT I have upset a couple of people and being sensitive that hurts. So I thought maybe I should leave. On the sound advice of a
wise young poster on here, I have slept on it. I would like to stay. I have been on this forum quite some time, and it has given me so much. So instead I shall try not to ask for advice. I shall try instead just to give it.

Lets see how it goes. I want to stay, but I actually feel a bit nervous logging on now, and thats no good.
Anyway, end of story, I shall not relate to this again...I hope.
Now on with the business in hand......Migraine...

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:55 am

WitsEnd wrote:Pen,
Don't go.... I'm not usually not in a position to help with the questions you post, but I certaily read them and try to help.
You will be missed if you go Crying or Very sad

Thank you. I am staying for now....you may live to regret it... lol!

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:06 am

hi pen, wow i dont look at forum for 18 hours or so and its all been happening, please do stay you make some very good points, i for one will miss your input, and i feel that we can all learn from one another,

what i do try to take into consideration is that virually all of us on here are not well, poorly, under the weather call it what you will, but if we were all fine and dandy we would not be on here, so sometimes i think that can make us all a bit sensitive to other people posts, heck i even feel snubbed if i dont get alot of answers to my posts, but thats because i am feeling low and tearful alot of the time because of the damn M's. its nothing to do with the great people on here,

what's that saying "misery loves company, " i draw strength from the knowledge that i am not alone in this, and that i have this forum to come and gather some support and sympathy on days were i feel like throwing in the towell.
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:13 am

Oh no, Pen, you can't quit affraid
This is a community and like in all communities it's impossible to avoid conflicts and misunderstanding.

I am terribly sorry if anyone may have offended you, you're a nice, sweet, caring person and you have all the right to write about what's going on with you.

I hope that you stay, I'd miss you I love you

Bye
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:13 am

theresae wrote:
what i do try to take into consideration is that virually all of us on here are not well, poorly, under the weather call it what you will, but if we were all fine and dandy we would not be on here,
so sometimes i think that can make us all a bit sensitive to other people posts, heck i even feel snubbed if i dont get alot of answers to my posts, but thats because i am feeling low and tearful alot of the time because of the damn M's. its nothing to do with the great people on here,
what's that saying "misery loves company, " i draw strength from the knowledge that i am not alone in this, and that i have this forum to come and gather some support and sympathy on days were i feel like throwing in the towell.

I feel the same Theresa. I have become very sensitive, I hate it, but a lot has happened, I am older than a lot of the people on here, and my perspective has changed. I will never give up, even if occasionally my emotions come through in my posts. Perhaps I am just old and tired. But I do so agree with your point above. I always assume a level of pain in each of us, and make allowances. But we are all from didffent places each with our own story and angle, so as in any other walk of life, we will not all get along all the time...
I feel I am among friends, and clearly you do too...

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:17 am

Ivy wrote:Oh no, Pen, you can't quit affraid
This is a community and like in all communities it's impossible to avoid conflicts and misunderstanding.
I am terribly sorry if anyone may have offended you, you're a nice, sweet, caring person and you have all the right to write about what's going on with you.
I hope that you stay, I'd miss you I love you
Bye

Ivy, how could I go after those kind words. It is probably just me being over sensitive, but as with all of us, we dont really know each other. No one knows my story. I guess one persons idea of honesty is another's criticism.
I appreciate that some of what I have imparted may have actually been interesting of helpful.
I will be hanging around for now. As I hope you all will. cat

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  LizzieB Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:53 am

Pen, I think that most of us on here are probably sensitive to a degree, which maybe why we are all susceptible to migraines, whatever the trigger. Even if people do have a generic predisposition to M, perhaps it only manifests itself in those of a certain character, ie sensitive flowers like us flower .

I'm probably wrong but it would be interesting to know whether there are any insensitive hard nuts who suffer from migraines.

Sorry if that wasn't very articulate - head's getting worse and I'm gonna turn the computer off.

Liz Smile
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:02 am

Liz, I hope by the time you read this it means your head is improved.
Interesting point. Are we all sensitive. they say we are sensitive to change, but could that little comment have more depth than we might have realised.??

Feel better.....

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:26 am

I just told my eldest daughter to hit the OTC for her hormonal headache. Usually she waits.
She did it and drank a whole glass of water with it......the headache is much better.
Usually they hardly respond. Seems the advice I have been given before to wait and see ,is not the best advice.
I am so glad I was able to pass this on to her, and it helped.
So another breakthrough.....

pen

Back to top Go down

A minor breakthrough perhaps. Thanks. Empty Encouraging

Post  pen Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:35 am

Have to share. I had a migraine come in the night. I took the Triptan right away this morning.
It worked well but the side effects lingered for about 5 hours.
However we had a brief taste of spring today after yesterdays sleet.
I decided to brave it and walked the dog. It was really nice over the fields.
Milder, no wind and some watery sunshine. The ponies were enjoying it and the birds were singing.

I took 2 OTC to boost the triptan after 4 hours, but sadly that didnt help, it doesnt seem to , but worth a try.
Maybe an NSAID would be worth a try.

Anyway I walked for 20 minutes, then went with my husband to the carpet shop.
Quite good for me given a migraine day. 2 adventures....Cool

I dont know what tomorrow will bring, but after 4 Triptan free days and 3 other no med days during that time.
Added to this, it proves i can do better.

No point to this post, just wanted to share....

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:30 pm

pen wrote:I just told my eldest daughter to hit the OTC for her hormonal headache. Usually she waits.
She did it and drank a whole glass of water with it......the headache is much better.
Usually they hardly respond. Seems the advice I have been given before to wait and see ,is not the best advice.
I am so glad I was able to pass this on to her, and it helped.
So another breakthrough.....

do you know when my mum used to be in bed for days with migraines, b4 the days of triptans, it never occured to me that i might follow the same path, i just thought that my mum had over done it and had been under alot of presure, just as well really because mum was in bed roughly every 2 weeks for 15 years b4 the M started to retreat slighty, in this case its just as well we dont have a crystal ball, theres no way at 20 years old i would of wanted to know that i would be a chronic migraines suffer for years.
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:55 pm

I feel so bad about it Theresa, she is so like me, her sister thankfully is not.
She gets bad periods on a long cycle and has IBS and hormonal headaches.
I know I didnt do this,but I feel so bad for her.

My mum didnt have this so it has been a total shock to me.
But I have explained all of that before.

P

pen

Back to top Go down

A minor breakthrough perhaps. Thanks. Empty you know me

Post  lentils Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi Pen,
It's Gringa-I changed my name.

My adopted daughter gets occasional migraines. Probably just a coincidence.

lentils

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:15 pm

Hi Gringa,
Interesting name change... Very Happy
Well it better be a coincidence or we are looking at nurture rather than nature....
Oh boy would that cloud the picture..
P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down