migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraines changed; vitamin B2 etc.

4 posters

Go down

Migraines changed; vitamin B2 etc. Empty Migraines changed; vitamin B2 etc.

Post  lorente Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Hello again, everyone. It's been a couple of years since my last posts. In 2015, I was diagnosed with cancer, so that's been my life since then. I'm finally getting to the point where I feel about as normal as possible. Although I had no migraines at all during the most intensive chemotherapy, they came raging back stronger and more frequently than ever after I'd recovered from the chemo. Even using the Cefaly every day wasn't helping anymore; I've been having almost daily migraines for two or three months now. (Makes me so angry that I came through a year of intense chemo pretty much intact, only to now be fighting really painful migraines that paralyze half my face and make my eye close.) I went to a neurologist, who put me on Gabapentin, along with massive doses of vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and magnesium. It's been 11 days since I started the Gabapentin, and I've now gone two whole days without a migraine. Such a relief. Anyone taking 400 mg/day B2 and magnesium? Your experience?

lorente

Back to top Go down

Migraines changed; vitamin B2 etc. Empty Re: Migraines changed; vitamin B2 etc.

Post  Seaine Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:45 pm

I wish I could say that any vitamins caused a decrease in my migraines but none have and it seems like I've tried them all. As for magnesium I can't tolerate even the smallest dose available without extreme side effects for whatever reason.
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Kem10 Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:08 pm

Vitamins, minerals or supplements don't seem to help me either but oddly moving south seems to have helped at least a bit. We moved to South Carolina the end of October and I have had at least a few less migraines and they seem to be milder most of the time. I almost always get good effect from half an Imitrex and can go on with the rest of the day fairly normally. I have noticed that the barometer is often a good bit higher than it was back in NY and that may be part of what is happening.
Kem10
Kem10

Back to top Go down

Post  lorente Thu May 25, 2017 10:49 am

Thank you for your replies. I took 400mg B2 and 400mg magnesium religiously for more than a month, and I saw no change. If anything, the Gabapentin and supplements made the migraines worse: I had 24 migraines that month, and when I stopped taking everything, I went down to 7 in April. So far in May, I've had 9 migraines.

lorente

Back to top Go down

Post  bdbr Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:58 pm

I've been taking B2 and Magnesium for several years now. It didn't decrease the frequency, but reduce the severity immensely. My migraines aren't a lot worse than a normal headache. No more holing up in a dark room!

Hope your luck continues, or at least you experience what I have!

bdbr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down