migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MIGRAINEUR WITH IBS ANYONE?

4 posters

Go down

MIGRAINEUR WITH IBS ANYONE? Empty MIGRAINEUR WITH IBS ANYONE?

Post  flo_02472 Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:52 pm

AN IRRATABLE BOWEL PROBLEM IS AS BAD AS A MIGRAINE IN THAT THEY ARE BOTH TIME BOMBS AND WE RARELY HAVE MUCH CHANCE TO AVOID THE ATTACK. IBS SEEMS TO GET WORSE WITH THE HEADACHES AND MOST ALWAYS I HAVE DOUBLE TROUBLE AS I BEAR BOTH, IF ANYONE HAS TH SAME PROBLEMS PLEASE EMAIL flo_02472@yahoo.com

flo_02472

Back to top Go down

MIGRAINEUR WITH IBS ANYONE? Empty Re: MIGRAINEUR WITH IBS ANYONE?

Post  Kem10 Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:51 am

I don't really want to email but IBS definitely is connected with migraine as is vertigo. Benedryl helps somewhat with the vertigo and a nice heating pad on the lower abdominal area will help with IBS symptoms when they show up.
Kem10
Kem10

Back to top Go down

MIGRAINEUR WITH IBS ANYONE? Empty Migraine and IBS

Post  celticherself Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:30 pm

Dear Kem10,
First let me say I'm sorry you're going through this because I have been where you are now. I did get relief in a real way by trying the Gluten Free Diet. This helped both migraine and IBS pain. I don't know if it will help you but maybe it is worth a try. I still follow a gluten free diet. I'm not perfect at it because wheat is everywhere but I'm so glad I found the Gluten Free web pages.
Good luck
Celticherself

celticherself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kem10 Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:02 am

Thanks Celticherself, I have tried gluten free and even grain free for more than a year but no help there either. Right now I am trying adding flax to take up the estrogen receptors in my body but so far that isn't going well either. The plan is to tinker some more with the dosage to see if that helps.
Kem10
Kem10

Back to top Go down

Post  dcook60 Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:49 am

flo, i read something so simple that it just might be helpful for IBS. take 1 or 2 enteric-coated peppermint oil capsules 3 times/day. this is supposed to decrease spasms of the bowel muscles. ENZYMATIC THERAPY and MENTHURIL are 2 brands which were mentioned in the article. you might consider trying it.

i have used peppermint oil on my head for almost 40 years, and i know it does something good, even on the outside of the body! i also put about 20 or more drops in a hot hot bath, and this definitely helps my head and general muscle-aching. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down