migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice on symptoms

2 posters

Go down

Advice on symptoms Empty Advice on symptoms

Post  baz632000 Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:58 am

I had a severe migraine 6 weeks ago and I need advice about symptoms. I need to know if folk in the community experience dizziness, a temporary inability to walk, and inability to speak cogently or get your words out, and be generally confused. These symptoms lasted less than an hour and occurred after one of the most stressful days in my career.
Would you say these symptoms in your experience are typical of migraines?
Thanks in advance.

baz632000

Back to top Go down

Advice on symptoms Empty Re: Advice on symptoms

Post  Migrainegirl Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:10 pm

An inability to find the right words and soeak cogently is a frequent problem for me. And there are others who experience dizziness and fainting even. So I think these symptoms are pretty normal (although highly frustrating!)
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  baz632000 Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:23 pm

Thanks-its the first time I suffered these symptoms and the consultant has concluded I suffered a TIA (minor stroke) . All tests so far have proved negative and if all are negative I shall be challenging his diagnosis. It's reassuring these two symptoms are consistent with a migraine.

baz632000

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:51 pm

You might want to try a second opinion with a neurologist who specializes in migraine. Problems with speech and numbness on one side can be a symptom of stroke. However what you are describing can also be migraine. They should be able to tell from an MRI.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down