migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paying the price- warning vent

3 posters

Go down

Paying the price- warning vent Empty Paying the price- warning vent

Post  sailingmuffin Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:57 am

Hi All,

Ok, So I made it through two very good trips. My best friend got married, I was able not only to attend, but to be a bridesmaid- Dora was also a bridesmaid. I then met my family in the mountains. Both trips were great.

I am now paying the price. I have had a horrible migraine since I got home about 10 days ago. I saw my neuro last Monday for a follow up. He did give me a shot of Toradol in his office, which helped until it wore off about six hours later. But that is all. Tylenol #3, klonopin, tramadol, and benedryl have been helping some. I have an IV set up for Monday and I really hope it helps. Cause very little is right now.

I have also had a lot of anxiety attacks with this one. I don't know if it is the pain or fainting or what. The only thing I can think of is that the pain is overwhelming and causing the anxiety. I have an apt with my psychiatrist on Tuesday. I hope he will have some ideas.

I'd love any ideas, etc.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Paying the price- warning vent Empty Re: Paying the price- warning vent

Post  ZomigMan Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:00 am

I am sorry for your migraine attacks. I have had episodes of chronic migraines myself, and they seem like they will never end. I have found that the more migraines I get, the more apt I am to get more of them.

Several thoughts... one is that you might be getting exposed to something that is triggering your migraines at home. Something common that is being overlooked. I would re-evaluate everything that you eat and drink and take at home, vs. what you ate on your trips. Another is that you may have MAV like I do, Migraine Associated Vertigo. I have been diagnosed with anxiety attacks, but I think they are really vertigo attacks that are hypertensive reactions (spikes in blood pressure) to vaso-active amines like tyramine and MSG. They are physical, rather than emotional responses. Another observation is that your Rx drugs may or may not be causing the side effects. I have a hard time telling the difference between side effects from a migraine and the side effects of some Rx drugs that I take to deal with them. Opiates in particular will give me migraines after they wear off. Also I believe that migraines themselves are only one symptom of a larger vascular reactionary condition.

Hope you get out of your chronic migraines/status migrainosus mode.
ZomigMan
ZomigMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:35 pm

Zomig man words:
Also I believe that migraines themselves are only one symptom of a larger vascular reactionary condition.
reflect what I have felt for years, that M is just demonstration of an inflammatory process which affects other parts of the body and nervous system and triggers M and other symptoms that we are so familiar with.

I firmly believe that it is only a question of time, that this will be scientifically confirmed.

WE all know that M is not simply a head pain, as it so often comes with so many other strange health problems. For example some of us experience M but no head pain,, yet we know by other symptoms that it is a M.
If you look at diagnostic criteria for many autoimmune conditions, M is very often quoted as one of the  symptoms to help doctors with the diagnosis.
This would also explain why M is so difficult to treat, since it is the body iself which over reacts and attacks itself, as is the case with all autoimmune conditions.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down