migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frustration Update.

+2
Brenda
LG
6 posters

Go down

Frustration Update. Empty Frustration Update.

Post  LG Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:44 am

Oi. I'm up late with a migraine again but I was going through old posts out of boredom and I re-read my frustration post. I don't know how many of you remember it but it was one of my first posts here.

I don't feel like posting pictures of the tree as requested right now, but I do have them and will post for you. The recipe for the meatloaf is hard to follow but here goes. Dan, if you want the next time I make it I'll video it and put it on Youtube since I don't have the measurements..I eye it out! LOL! That's how my mom makes everything!

Crack 1 egg over 1lb chopped meat. Make a blob of ketchup the size of the egg. Make a blob of breadcrumbs the size of the blob of ketchup. Make a blob of parmesian shredded cheese 3/4's the size of the breadcrumbs. Very Happy Sprinkle a fair amount of salt and pepper. Mix the meatloaf up and then lightly sprinkle with onion powder and garlic. Mix again, and form into a loaf. Line the bottom of the dish with water, cook for an hour at 350F.
All approximate..I usually make it a little different every time with the same ingredients and it comes out mostly tasting the same. I don't think you could screw it up unless the cap falls off the salt LOL

Anyhow..things are going much better in the house. I followed a lot of Richards suggestions and started cooking much more and making the house much easier to come home to. I put my foot down as well. No more helping out at Dad's house unless absolutely necessary. No more little projects, only things like the furnace broke or the gutter falls down.

Hubs also got what I believe to be a true migraine. Treximet fixed it up before it got bad. I think it gave him a bit more perspective? I also think being home more often and seeing me in shambles half the time woke him up big time. I am in pain so much he finally was home to see it.

I also asked him to come to some appointments with me. I don't think he understood, but I do think it scared him. I got all technical about brain stuff and brain stuff scares anyone, including myself. We still have some issues to sort out but things are a lot better now that he is home all the time.

Guess what?! The pool room got finished without him! Fascinating how he couldn't leave his father for anything because he simply couldn't do it alone, but obviously he could have if he finished the entire project by himself. It makes me think of what else the man can do...

Money is still really tight but I'm happy because we are all together now. I don't mind when things are tight as long as we are dealing with it as a family. My daughter sees her father so much more now and sits with him every night to watch her favorite TV shows. He cooks her chicken nuggets sometimes, which is his specialty. It really makes me smile to wake up in the morning and hear him up with her already playing. She laughs especially loud when he's chasing her around and goofy because he thinks nobody is watching Smile

Cool. Thanks for all your help guys. I really appreciated all your suggestions and put many of them to use.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Frustration Update. Empty Re: Frustration Update.

Post  Brenda Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:22 am

I'm glad to hear that things at home are going better for you.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:28 am

Thanks for the update Gia.

So glad hubby is at home more. That makes a lot of difference.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:48 am

I'm so happy for you, Lovegia. You've worked hard to make changes to improve your situation. I'm glad your hubby is around more, not only so he can participate in parenting your sweet little girl but so he can experience your life with migraines. God bless you and your family.

I've followed your posts from the beginning and appreciate your knowledge, sharing, support and encouragement. You're very special!

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:58 am

Aw Thank you thank you Smile
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Things with hubby are looking up. I am so happy for you and Gia !

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Frustration Update. Empty yippee

Post  crt Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:56 pm

We all have so much to deal with. It is heartening to hear about positive changes of any kind. Good for you!

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down