migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pain Management

3 posters

Go down

Pain Management Empty Pain Management

Post  Cindy*W Mon May 20, 2013 12:27 am

Everything has been going well at the Pain Management Clinic.

I was scheduled to have AO neck injections the 26th of last month but when I got there, the Doctor came in and told me that after looking at my chart, he didn't think they would be much help to me and he just didn't want to put me thru the pain unless he thought the outcome was worth it.

I then asked him to put me back on a long acting med because I was experiencing so much of the ups and downs with the short acting one. Plus it just wasn't as effective as it used to be. So I have been back on the MS Contin for a month now and feeling better.

The last couple of days have been hell though because it has been overcast and rainy here.
Can always tell you when bad weather is coming for sure.

Sorry I haven't been here for awhile. We have our grand-daughters 4 or 5 days a week (plus nights) and it is hard on both of us sometimes.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Cindy

Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Pain Management Empty Re: Pain Management

Post  tortoisegirl Tue May 21, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi there! Glad you are doing a bit better. I too have really benefited from pain management, and am on methadone. Does your doctor give you a short acting med to take as needed along with the long acting med? That is quite typical. I find it helpful for the pain spikes, although when the pain gets to a certain point, no med at any dose will help. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Pain Management Empty Pain Management

Post  Cindy*W Wed May 22, 2013 3:19 pm

Yes, I take Percocet for breakthru.

Had been on 4 Percocet per day for the last couple of years and the ups and downs were driving me crazy.

The long acting med has none of that and I am much happier with it.

Also, I don't have to worry like I used to that my Doc won't be in to write my scripts.

At this clinic, there is always a Doc or PA there who can write what you need.

I was so worried about going to PM when my Doc retired, but it has been so much better in so many ways.

Thanks for your post.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Pain Management Empty hot bath and an ice pak

Post  adcheck Tue May 28, 2013 7:52 am

a little something I stumbled upon looking for help

Migraine pain has been described as one of the worst pains anyone can suffer.
Treating a migraine as soon as it starts is key to keeping them from escalating into a full blown painful headache.

The following steps work for many migraine suffers. It's medication free, cost effective, and simple.

While this method works extremely well for many sufferers, it does not work for all.
However, it is worth a try; you may be one of the lucky ones that can head off a full blown
migraine attack with just water.

Instructions

1* Fill the bathtub or a bucket with water as hot as you can stand. Sit on the edge of the tub, or on a chair if you're using a bucket. Submerge your bare feet in the hot water.

2** Lean forward and place an ice pack on the back of your neck. Stay like this for 15-20 minutes. Keep the room as dark as possible if you're bothered by bright lights.

3*** If you're not in a place where you can put your feet in hot water, you can use the ice pack on the back of your neck. Sit in a dark, quiet room and apply the ice for 20 minutes.

If you don't have an ice pack, you can use an ice cold can of soda. Try a can of caffeinated cola. Many migraine medications contain caffeine and after the chill is off the soda, you can drink it. Some migraine sufferers find that colas can also calm a nauseous stomach.

adcheck

adcheck

Back to top Go down

Pain Management Empty Re: Pain Management

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down