migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SEVERE MIGRAINE SUFFERER & MAGESIUM HAS MADE MY MIGRAINES DISSAPEAR

5 posters

Go down

SEVERE MIGRAINE SUFFERER & MAGESIUM HAS MADE MY MIGRAINES DISSAPEAR  Empty SEVERE MIGRAINE SUFFERER & MAGESIUM HAS MADE MY MIGRAINES DISSAPEAR

Post  Don13 Thu May 02, 2013 4:09 am

I wanted to let everyone know that I have suffered migraines severely since I was 14, I am now mid 30s and discovered that Natures Own Magnesium 500mg have helped with my Migraines, I am now way telling this to try to get anyone to buy this brand or promote it in any way, I am telling people because I know the pain of migraines way to well.. I recently had my 3rd child in which I suffered migraines through the pregnancy and afterwards, I was hospitalised on a few occasions due to the severity. with my previous 2 pregnancies, I suffered pre eclampsia and quite a few people asked mw when I mentioned it if I was treated with magnesium in which I wasn't.. As this magnesium thing stuck in my mind after having bub I requested my magnesium levels be checked at my 6 week check up, I had quite a few severe migraines in this 6 weeks after bub was born. when my blood tests results were back the dr advised me that my magnesium level was slightly low but nothing to bad and suggested I purchase some magnesium tablets.. when I purchased these I did notice on the container across the front the words treatment for migraine prevention.. I was baffled as I had never heard of this.. I took the magnesium tablets for the month and realised I had not had one migraine, I didn't think much of it then stopped taking them.. before I knew it I was once again bedridden with migraines, I went to my dr and told him but he too wasn't really aware of magnesium helping but told me to give it a try if I thought it would help and take one every second day in which I did.. again no migraine, once I had finished this container over the month I hadn't got around to getting anymore as it slipped my mind then bang another migraine, I was in so much pain and given pain medication which didn't do much at all.. I told my Dr once again I believe that these magnesium tablets were actually preventing my migraines because when I stopped taking them on each occasion I was in agony with a migraine. I have started back on them since my last migraine and I can swear by it that I have not had a migraine since, I am telling people because after 20 years of suffering almost weekly this is the only thing I have ever come across that helps. I recommend anyone try it, you would need to try it for atleast 1 month for it to get into your system for you to know for your self the benefits, my friend told her neurologist in which he said he cant see how it works, well he is wrong.. I have seen neurologist, had numerous scans and I can swear by it.. i feel like i have won lotto, i cant not describe the relief of being able to live a life being migraine free, migraines have made me depressed for many years not being able to work at times from being in so much pain or having to go home from work so often & listening to people who don't understand always telling me why i had migraines.i know how people feel, its not just a headache it is debilitating. Please just give it a try, i use Natures own 500mg there are other brands i guess that would have the same affect but this is what i have used.. it is worth a try and i can swear by it anymore just allow yourself atleast a month and fingers crossed you get the same results as me.. I joined this forum to share this info in hope of being able to help others. I don't know how it works but all i know if that it works.. google magnesium treatment for migraines and have a read up on it, its worth a try i am proof.. let hope me posting this can change some peoples lives, i know we are all different but hey what do you have to lose Smile

Don13

Back to top Go down

SEVERE MIGRAINE SUFFERER & MAGESIUM HAS MADE MY MIGRAINES DISSAPEAR  Empty Re: SEVERE MIGRAINE SUFFERER & MAGESIUM HAS MADE MY MIGRAINES DISSAPEAR

Post  Migrainegirl Thu May 02, 2013 6:10 pm

Don,

Glad the magnesium is working for you. There is good research on magnesium helping with migraines. It did not work for me on its own. When I combined with vitamin D and natural progesterone however, I got a significant decrease.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

SEVERE MIGRAINE SUFFERER & MAGESIUM HAS MADE MY MIGRAINES DISSAPEAR  Empty Re: SEVERE MIGRAINE SUFFERER & MAGESIUM HAS MADE MY MIGRAINES DISSAPEAR

Post  Seaine Thu May 02, 2013 8:15 pm

I have heard many people say that magnesium helps their migraines. However I can't tolerate it whenever I've tried, because it makes me need to use the bathroom very frequently if you know what I mean... Did you have any side effects like this from the magnesium? I even tried cutting mine in half so it's only 200mg, but still it makes me run to the bathroom.
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl Thu May 02, 2013 10:18 pm

Seaine: You may want to look into the different types of magnesium. Apparently some are better than others (ie. less of the laxative effect). I couldn't even tolerate the more friendly type...I forget what type that is at the moment though. I seem to have a tough time tolerating any med or supplement though.

Plus, the magnesium either didn't help me, I didn't try it long enough (a few weeks), or I wasn't at a high enough dose. Its so individual as to if it'll help, but these easy/safe/cheap treatments are worth a try. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Don13 Thu May 02, 2013 10:39 pm

I haven't had any side affects at all luckily, I am just really surprised & in shock that it's actually working for me, I still don't understand how or why but I do know I am to scared not to take it now.. if you google Natures Own magnesium 500mg is what I'm taking.. I think are are different types of capsules, you could try a lower dose but I would suggest try it for at least 1 or 2 months if you can to actually see if it works for you or not, I don't think a few weeks is long enough, I am just a little bit shocked really that it's actually helped me after all these years of suffering, I am still in disbelief.

Don13

Back to top Go down

Post  Don13 Thu May 02, 2013 10:42 pm

I would go to the chemist & ask, there may be something else you could take with it to help the side affect it causes.. Fingers crossed for you, will me interested to hear how it works for others.

Don13

Back to top Go down

Post  dcook60 Fri May 03, 2013 8:13 am

me too, i have also tried several forms of magnesium over the years with zero effects. after your post, though, i actually wrote to the company making the kind you take. alas, it is only available in australia and new zealand, although the kind gentleman gave me some u.s. sources for a similar product.

i can't imagine that it would work when the other kinds did not, but i might try to get some. it's not very expensive. with the $4K dental bill i received yesterday i shouldn't buy anything else for the rest of my life, though. my teeth have cost many thousands in my lifetime; it's all about genetics.

my diet was terrible in the formative years, and now i'm literally PAYING for this, at age 73. my children will help me if i can't work enough hours to pay off the bill. yikes! dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Don13 Fri May 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Wow that is a huge bill & still working at 73 that must be hard.

I'm not sure of the difference in capsules as I have never tried any other magnesium ones as these worked & it is the main brand we sell here. I hope you can find the similar brand & see if it helps.. I would love to know what is behind it that makes it work for me as I have always believed my migraines were hormonal so I'm curious what makes it work, I am going to look into it more. I thought you may be able to buy natures own online but I guess not else he would have told you. Good luck with it & let me know how you go Smile

Don13

Back to top Go down

Post  dcook60 Sat May 04, 2013 10:10 am

don, yes, he did give me some online sources of the magnesium chelate. first, i'm going to do some research at health-food stores here, to try and ascertain if i would be allergic/sensitive to that form, as i am to very many supplement ingredients.

you'll read about this "sensitivity" thing often on this forum. we are just built differently than other folks. in my case, i blame it on fibromyalgia, as the sensitivity to environmental stuff, food, and everything else goes along with that diagnosis.

locally, i would have a money-back guarantee; not so sure about the other sources. thanks, dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Don13 Sat May 04, 2013 5:00 pm

Good luck I hope you can find something that helps. I will keep an eye on the post for updates Smile

Don13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down