migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dealing with pain

3 posters

Go down

Dealing with pain Empty Dealing with pain

Post  sailingmuffin Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:05 pm

Hi All,

I have an absolutely horrible headache right now- I'd say the pain is about a 9/10. I've tried all my usual tricks (distraction, rest, meds, ice, etc.) to deal with it, but nothing seems to help. I am so tired of being in constant and often severe pain. I don't know what to do about it anymore.

How do you deal with the pain?

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Dealing with pain Empty Re: Dealing with pain

Post  LG Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:21 pm

Shake your leg.
Very very soft music.
Loving from my favorite big mutt.
Loving from my equally hairy husband.
Heat pads on your neck.
Very light lavender scent.

I hope you feel better soon and find something that works to relax you. You can borrow my husband if you want but I don't think your that desperate until you reach a 10. He's not very good at massages anyways, just cuddles so definitely wait until you reach 10. Wink
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:33 pm

I wish I had a magic response for you that would rid you of this curse, but I can only commiserate with you.

I'm out of my normal pain meds and I have to wait until Monday to get my usual refill. Right now I have a 6-7 cooking. I've slept most of the day away and I hate it. So far I've kept it under control and I can't believe I'm on the computer right now.

I usually use music as a way to sooth the pain, but it has to be at a low level. This works for me because music has always been the center of my personal universe. Not trying to be dramatic, but ever since high school music has always spoke to me or moved me in ways no human has ever been able to do.

Pet therapy is supposed to work too, so if you have a dog or cat try giving it a bunch of attention. Believe it or not, watching fish in an aquarium is supposed to help lower blood pressure and help you relax.

I guess I've got nothing for you except my sympathies and hope you hang in there and ride it out. I been where you are now and can return at any time.
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down