migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP!!! Has anyone had Migraine Surgery? I'm in THAT much pain...

2 posters

Go down

HELP!!! Has anyone had Migraine Surgery? I'm in THAT much pain... Empty HELP!!! Has anyone had Migraine Surgery? I'm in THAT much pain...

Post  SLW Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:56 pm

I am just speechless with how to even begin this topic. I have had severe headaches/migraines for 6 years. I'm almost 24 and I'm to the point that I can't deal with the pain anymore. I'm hoping someone can give me insight on what to do from here...

My fear is that I have been on so many medications, I now have rebound headaches. I have headaches from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. Right now, I'm on Keppra as a preventative (I have taken Depakote, Topamax, Neurontin, and Inderal in the past) and I take Fiorinal, Fioricet, Ultram, and Frova as needed. However, I take the "as needed" medications pretty much every day.

I have also tried 3 rounds of Botox. At first, I got major relief. But now, I am starting to get the daily headaches/migraines again. I was just at a new neurologist last week and he mentioned "migraine surgery." However, I was reading that if Botox doesn't work, then the surgery won't work. How true is this?

I'm just at my wits end. I'm crying now because I am so over the pain. I shouldn't be living in pain everyday at the age of 24. I feel like an addict with all the pills I take everyday and I just don't know how to control the pain. I want to stop taking the medication sooo bad, but if I don't take it, then my headache turns into a full-blown migraine.

If anyone can offer advice, it would be much appreciated. I also live in Charleston, SC, so if anyone knows of any great facilities that help sufferers like me that are nearby, please let me know.

SLW

Back to top Go down

HELP!!! Has anyone had Migraine Surgery? I'm in THAT much pain... Empty Re: HELP!!! Has anyone had Migraine Surgery? I'm in THAT much pain...

Post  lepoppet Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:34 pm

I'm actually considering this myself. Check out this page. There are a couple of doctors in SC.

http://themigrainesurgery.com/migraine-relief-blog/migraine-surgeon/
lepoppet
lepoppet

Back to top Go down