migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maxalt Info from Neurologist

+8
AuntieBubbs
estre004
hpilgrim
CluelessKitty
thegirlwithbrowneyes
LG
pen
msmolly
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Maxalt Info from Neurologist - Page 2 Empty Re: Maxalt Info from Neurologist

Post  crt Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:46 pm

lovegia wrote:Think about that Chris. The fillers are different. I don't know why they are but MAYBE they are different to be a little more sensitive to migraneurs triggers. Maybe it is because the colors are different, but I highly doubt it since menstrual and extra strength are the same. I also doubt it because carnuba wax has nothing to do with color.

Sorry, I was being a wiseass when I mentioned color. My humor and sarcasm can be out there and easily misinterpreted by those I don't know. I'll be more careful. I understand what you're saying. I don't even know what colors the products are because I don't use them. But color is as good as anything else if they are deceiving customers into thinking the products are really different. Then some people are sensitive to artificial colors.

lovegia wrote:Fillers were the possible cause of a huge spike in migraines for me when I was switched from one brand of generic to another in my preventative.
Understood. Fillers can make a huge difference.

lovegia wrote:I still hate Excedrin, but it would be nice of them to think of something like a sensitivity to certain ingredients that might bother us. I don't see it being negative at all.
Call me cynical, but I think you're giving them more credit than they deserve.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  thegirlwithbrowneyes Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:32 pm

Excedrine Migraine makes me laugh too..I've been told by nuerologist and GP's to take 6 IBProfen..but that makes my stomach hurt after a while and I build up a tolerance..
thegirlwithbrowneyes
thegirlwithbrowneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:58 pm

Okay, 6 Ibuprofen and after a while living the life of a migraneur your organs will love you so much they'll literally die for ya.

No wonder your tummy would hurt! Mine would be screamin STOP FEEDING ME PILLS! 6 is excessive, if 4 doesn't work I stop right there. I barely ever take them either since they don't work. I figure why continue taking them and risk more damage. All the pills I'm already taking probably doesn't make my body very happy.

Ahh OTC joy. tongue
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Maxalt Info from Neurologist - Page 2 Empty I hate Excedrin

Post  AuntieBubbs Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:01 pm

I agree with the sentiment about excedrin migraine - it's a gimmick and a rip off. I noticed along time ago that the ingredients were the same as extra strength excedrin, which never works for me anyway. I hate excedrin products.

And I agree, I hate those migraine commercials that make it seem like if we would just pop this little OTC pill, our migraine would go away and, poof! in an hour we'd be fine to do anything from hit the club to run a marathon, let alone cook dinner, clean the house, be supermom... so if we still have a migraine, the implied sentiment is that we must want to have one.
Those ads set back migraine treatment and increase bias toward migraineuers. Notice how the sufferer in the ad is a woman, too? At least, it is in the commercial I've seen.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:39 am

I can't, it doesn't work for me but it tastes great.

OMG, Gia, you slay me!! You always put a positive spin on things. Wish I could be that sun shiney. sunny Loving it!

I'm with Risa and Estree. I throw stuff at it til something works. The only time I don't is when I've been vomiting and don't know how much medication has absorbed.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Maxalt Info from Neurologist - Page 2 Empty Maxalt (Rizatriptan)

Post  sandrawall Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:18 am

You can also find the information on Generic for Maxalt at http://www.internationaldrugmart.com/maxalt.html This is the most widely used for headaches and migraine.

sandrawall

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:55 am

Must be nice - Maxalt...no effect whatsoever. Tic-tacs would probably give me the same result. Neuro told me to go ahead and toss em - put me on imitrex instead which does work. Speaking of which, I should probably add it to my bag of loser medications rather than having it cluttering up the space for stuff that actually is useful.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:13 am

Amen. Love the way that stuff tastes...the Maxalt MLT. Mmmm peppermint goodness. Laughing Spot on HL, might as well be tic-tacs. Didn't work for me AT ALL!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2