migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraines w/daily hot flash in men.

3 posters

Go down

Migraines w/daily hot flash in men. Empty Migraines w/daily hot flash in men.

Post  ET Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi,
It's my first post to this forum. But I've been reading and encouraged by what many of of have said. The support seems genuine. I had my first migraine 1 year ago at 53 (male athlete.) Now they come daily with a shocking twist. A hot flash on my face and ears as a prelude. I know women get these due to hormonal changes... but men? Wow. I've tried topomax (nearly made me crazy anxious) and depakote (made me depressed when I've never experienced that before). So now I'm on Zomig which works but of course I get only 8 per month. However the bizarre evening hot flashes tell me a migraine is coming - every night . Any other guys experience such a crazy symptom? I have had my testosterone checked and all is ok. A little low at 452 total (7.8 free). Any advice?

Last edited by ET on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelled words)

ET

Back to top Go down

Migraines w/daily hot flash in men. Empty Re: Migraines w/daily hot flash in men.

Post  Migrainegirl Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:51 pm

ET

Have you made any changes in your diet? Even something much earlier in the day. That almost sounds like it could be an allergic reaction to something that creates the flushing followed by a migraine.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Migraines w/daily hot flash in men. Empty Re: Migraines w/daily hot flash in men.

Post  ET Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks for your reply, but no changes in my diet. I started beta blockers several months ago and they have helped with the intense throbbing migraines I have experienced, but the hotflashes have only continued. Bizarre.

ET

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:45 pm

You may want to have your hormonal levels checked. They can change even in men. Men and women actually have a lot of the same hormones, just in very different proportions.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  charmed quark Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:03 pm

There's something called "andropause" when testosterone levels drop quickly in men in middle age. Hot flashes are one of the symptoms. That is a pretty low T-level, but in the normal range. But my understanding is it is the rate of change that causes symptoms.

I've never had facial flushing as a prodome.
-Pete

charmed quark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down