migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The wisdom of a small child...

4 posters

Go down

The wisdom of a small child... Empty The wisdom of a small child...

Post  trutland Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:41 am

The wisdom of children simply amazes me. I wonder; how many times, as adults have we been too busy or too consumed to just be still and realize their wisdom? The sweet simplicity of what they know is nothing short of genius.

Last night, I wasn't feeling well so my little one and I were enjoying some snuggle time and watching a movie. My sweet 2 year old reached up and put his warm little hand over my left eye and said "migraine". I've never said this word to my child. I've never tried to rationalize my pain to someone so small.

He left his hand there for a few moments, softly touching not only my pain, but the very depths of who I am as a person and as a mother.

All I could do was lean over, kiss my sweet boy, smile, and let the tears roll down.

For some of the things I have hoped for my child...gentleness, kindness, and pure love are planted very deep within his sweet little soul.

Tara

trutland
trutland

Back to top Go down

The wisdom of a small child... Empty Kind children

Post  Mini Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:28 pm

What a sweet, sweet little boy. You are so lucky.
I think some children are born with empathy and warmth and in my experience this is a personality trait that always stays with them. Your little boy knows instinctively that you are in pain. Children are very good are reading our expressions, they see much more then many grown ups realise.

I have a boy in my family who constatly moves me with his kindness and thoughtfulness, often when I least expect it.
Like last Christmas for example when he used his savings to buy me little presents which were so well chosen that it is amazed me, and he did the same for the rest of the family.

Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

The wisdom of a small child... Empty The wisdom of a small child...

Post  Cindy*W Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:01 pm

I know this is an old post but I just read it and it just touched my heart.

What a sweetheart!

My granddaughter Zoe, will knock softly on my bedroom door and say, "Oh Mama, do you have a headache?"

I will say yes and she always has the sweetest things to say that comfort me so much.

Sometimes she will come in and rub my neck or my back and I know Mini will appreicate this one, sing me "Soft Kitty!"

What would we do without them?

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

The wisdom of a small child... Empty Re: The wisdom of a small child...

Post  sailingmuffin Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:13 am

Hi,
e
Wow! That is one sweet and smart little boy.

Children know a lot more than we think they do.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

The wisdom of a small child... Empty Re: The wisdom of a small child...

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down