migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Small victory--cheaper meds

4 posters

Go down

Small victory--cheaper meds Empty Small victory--cheaper meds

Post  wavking Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:41 pm

So I used to use Zomig for a few years and then it took longer to work and I got worried. I finally got to see a real neuro instead of my family doc. Neuro put me on Treximet. Gave me a sample and some coupons. That was over the summer and the coupons ran out so now I asked for regular Imitrex since that is the insurance company's prefered med. When I filled the Rx yesterday I got 15 pills instead of 9 and the co-pay was only $10.
--WIN--
I just hope it works for a long time. My frequency of headaches has increased over the years from a few per year to one or two a week.
wavking
wavking

http://johnjensen.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Small victory--cheaper meds Empty Re: Small victory--cheaper meds

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:20 pm

That's nice!

Do you know, though that Treximet is combination of Imitrex and Naproxen, and Imitrex is just Imitrex?
You may still get successful relief from it, of course, especially if you got from just Zomig.

btw I think you can buy Naproxen separately and take it with Imitrex, if you like.
Only check how many mg of it was in Treximet beforehand.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  wavking Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:09 am

But of course. And I often take Naproxen first when early symptoms start and it sometimes helps. I really didn't like the idea of taking more than the label's recommended limit. 900mg in one day.

Amazing how just by adding another OTC drug to an existing drug they can qualify for a new patent. Luckily that did not extend the patent of original Imitrex.

CluelessKitty wrote:That's nice!

Do you know, though that Treximet is combination of Imitrex and Naproxen, and Imitrex is just Imitrex?
You may still get successful relief from it, of course, especially if you got from just Zomig.

btw I think you can buy Naproxen separately and take it with Imitrex, if you like.
Only check how many mg of it was in Treximet beforehand.

Risa
wavking
wavking

Back to top Go down

Small victory--cheaper meds Empty small victory cheaper med

Post  rileyoday Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:27 am

Wonder if pharmacy made mistake. although the VA sent me a letter they are switching from zomig to Imitrex !

they must have lowered the price to get a VA contract..... zomig was working ok for me..... i have used relpax also...

I liked maxalt the best but the M always came back same day, but it seemed to be the most " gentle "

when i added a small dose of napraxon to my imitrex i felt horriable, I did so a couple of times at least but not more.

example of some meds not effective for all of us . but I will try ANYTHING.

Last edited by rileyoday on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info forgotten)

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:53 am

Hey guys, Isn't naproxen just aleve?
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  wavking Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:32 am

lovegia wrote:Hey guys, Isn't naproxen just aleve?
Yup, generic form
full name is Naproxin-Sodium.
wavking
wavking

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down