migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post- holiday M hits with a vengence

3 posters

Go down

Post- holiday M hits with a vengence Empty Post- holiday M hits with a vengence

Post  sailingmuffin Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:57 am

Hi All,

Well, for the past two days I have been completely down with the migraine and fainting/borderline exhaustion. No matter what I do, or what precautions I take, it seems like two days after Christmas- I get slammed with a really bad M.

Christmas was nice for the most part. Dora, my service dog, won over Dad's siblings at their family gathering on Friday. I ended up babysitting my friend's children on Sunday. The most stressfull time was Christmas at my brother's house. (He is the one who doesn't get the fainting.) Fortunately, everyone else there understood completely. It really was a nice gathering- all of our immediate family, all of her immediate family and my wonderful nephew. I was actually allowed to hold him for a good bit- he is three months old and just starting to smile and such. (and my brother calmed down after we got there and he realized I wouldn't break the baby.

However, yesterday and today have just been really bad head and fainting wise. It is strange, I always know it will happen, but secretly hope it won't. But knowing about it doesn't make it easier. I really haven't been able to function for the past few days. It has been one of those- ok, take the meds to keep the pain down and rest kind of days.

Does anyones else go through this?

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post- holiday M hits with a vengence Empty Re: Post- holiday M hits with a vengence

Post  Brenda L. Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:12 pm

The holidays are very stressful for me, too. Back when my migraines were intermittent, I'd always get prolonged migraines right around the Christmas holidays.

I've been in staus migrainosus for just over 2 years now. In the 2009/2010, I had a 5-month long migraine. It finally ended in April 2010. I actually had about 9 months of being pain-free; it was wonderful!

But then on Christmas Eve 2010, a migraine began that has never stopped to this day. I'll never forget that Christmas. One day I was outside with my brother taking photos, and the next day a marathon migraine began.

The stress of dealing with my parents brought it on, no doubt about that. I only see my parents once a year at Christmas, and the tension in the room is so thick you could cut it with a knife. Apparently my body's response to the overwhelming stress is to go into status migrainosus.

In the past, my migraines would last for 4-5 months, but at least they always ended eventually. Now it's two solid years of constant migraine, not a day free of pain. I know how you must feel, SailingM. I have my doubts that my current bout of status migraine will ever end. The doctors think my migraines have gone constant, and unfortunately, I agree.

I hope you feel better soon.

Brenda L.

Back to top Go down

Post- holiday M hits with a vengence Empty Post Holiday Migraine

Post  Cookie Monster Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Hi Sailing,

Yep, I'm right there with you. Had lots of Maxalt to get me through the past three days and now I'm scared to take anymore. But what a nice break it was. We still have another four days of parties so I'm not sure how I'm going to manage. I guess I'll just have to rest tonight and hope for the best. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Cookie Monster

Back to top Go down

Post- holiday M hits with a vengence Empty Re: Post- holiday M hits with a vengence

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down