migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Methergine "drug holiday"

2 posters

Go down

Methergine "drug holiday" Empty Methergine "drug holiday"

Post  abp2626 Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:19 pm

I am just beginning my methergine "drug holiday" - awful term b/c this is one of the worst times of my life, certainly no holiday. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had taken a methergine "drug holiday" and, if so, if they had any tips to make it more tolerable. I have a level 10 migraine (my abortive are not touching it), have strong pains/pulses in my bones, feel like I have the flu times 10, and just generally feel like I've been run over by a bus.

Anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks so much,
Angela
abp2626
abp2626

Back to top Go down

Methergine "drug holiday" Empty Re: Methergine "drug holiday"

Post  BabySeal Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:14 am

Why don't you call your doc and ask what (s)he suggest you take? It sounds like your body is not liking this holiday!!

This is my just personal story but whenever I max out my abortive drugs and have no relief I go in for a cocktail of toradol/reglan IV (or just a shot in the DR off if they are open!)and for some reason even though it is by no means a narcotic, it knocks out my migraines immediately! The combo is a godsend for me, and is readily available in dr offices, urgent care, and hospitals. And since it is not a narcotic they dont give me that funny look when i come in all dramatic saying "ahh! I have level 10 pain I need my pain meds ASAP!"

I say call your doc, and hope you get some relief!!

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  abp2626 Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:10 pm

I called the neurologist and the nurse advised me to give myself one last shot of DHE, which is the same med as methergine. I am now completely off of the medicine and officially on my drug holiday. My body is starting to ache again and muscles are cramping up, sick to my stomache, BUT I DON'T HAVE A MIGRAINE! I will see what tomorrow brings...
abp2626
abp2626

Back to top Go down

Post  BabySeal Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:38 pm

hopefully it stays away!!!

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down