migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraines with leg spasms....?..

4 posters

Go down

Migraines with leg spasms....?.. Empty Migraines with leg spasms....?..

Post  lauren042 Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forums. I have uncontrollable leg spasms (not cramps) with migraines... probably already a topic posted like this one, but if anyone has an input, please post..! scratch

lauren042

Back to top Go down

Migraines with leg spasms....?.. Empty Re: Migraines with leg spasms....?..

Post  Sara79 Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:41 pm

What have you tried? Does your doctor have any ideas? My first thought was the traditional 'eat a banana', but if you're electrolytes are normal, than you might look into an anti-seizure medication. I know many of the migrainers I know have tried or are on Neurotin/Gabapentin, I take it for it's synergistic effects on Aleve (naprosin sodium)

Best of luck!

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Migraines with leg spasms....?.. Empty leg spasms

Post  dawn.binks Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:32 am

have you checked out the side effects of the meds you take for the migraine. that is a common side effect so id exclude that first!
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Welcome to the group! I agree to check with your doctor about any meds you may be taken as well as get their opinion on this. You could be tried on a muscle relaxer (eg. Zanaflex) or anti spasticity med (eg. Baclofen), but it seems prudent to know what is going on first, before adding more meds to the mix. I have been getting muscle twitches lately and figured out it was a combo of two narcotics I'm on for my pain. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down