migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost the way

5 posters

Go down

Lost the way Empty Lost the way

Post  BabySeal Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Earlier today I was driving somewhere I have been a million times, heck I even used to work there so the building is so FAMILIAR to me. While on my way, I suddenly had NO clue where I was going.

I was driving and was getting close then suddenly I Shocked

I was thinking "oh no, how do I get there"?!

I just couldn't remember anything about how to get there, and the moment before I was perfectly fine knowing exactly where I needed to be. It is second nature to me driving there.

So, I was turned around twice and drove around for 20 minutes. Sad I just couldn't get my brain to work, and I didn't know where to go halfway through my usual route.

Question Has this type of thing happened to any of you before, or have I lost the plot?

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

Lost the way Empty Re: Lost the way

Post  Jewishmother Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:07 am

Some migraine symptoms are pretty stroke-like and the disorientation or lack of ability to process could be part of a migraine but it also could have been a TIA or other circulatory issue. My dad used to do the same thing - end up on the freeway and not know where he was or where he was headed. If this happens again you might want to mention it to your doc.
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:12 am

I had an experience like that while I was on Topamax. It scared the tar out of me. The doctor said it was caused by the Topamax, and cut down my dosage.

I was in the car driving when suddenly I didn't know where I was supposed to be going or for what reason. Luckily, I had my grocery list on the seat next to me to jog my memory.

Any chance you are on Topamax? I'd suggest at least contacting your doctor if it's a new symptom, just to rule out a TIA or something.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:17 am

Its most likely the Topamax (assuming you are still on that). I had some similar issues on it and similar meds. However, I would definitely pursue this with your doctor, as it could be something more serious. Sorry you had this scary experience. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  BabySeal Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:35 pm

Thank you for the replies. I am still on the topamax, a lower dosage. I plan on getting in touch with my doctor.

It really freaked me out!!

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

Lost the way Empty topamax and dumb feeling

Post  chelle8178 Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Babyseal,

Topamax affected me in many ways, disorientation, memory loss and just a "dumb" feeling being one of them. I would definitely talk to your doctor about this. Once I finally weaned myself off of it completely, I felt much better. And I can actually drive most days now. On Topamax I couldn't drive AT ALL! The migraines are still daily now, but my quality of life is much better...

Michelle
chelle8178
chelle8178

http://fuzzyredbees.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down