migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exercise a migraine away?

+3
Wendy
cr8asmile
Kate
7 posters

Go down

Exercise a migraine away? Empty Exercise a migraine away?

Post  Kate Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:37 pm

I was watching this tv show that had a neuro on it and he was giving tips about what to do for a m without meds. One of them was to exercise and run. If I did that mine would be 10x worse...
Anybody heard of this? It doesn't make any sense....this guy sounds like he is a quack.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Exercise a migraine away? Empty Exercise a migraine away?

Post  cr8asmile Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:51 pm

ive never heard of that. i did read walking can sometimes help (relieve stress and getting fresh air) but im sure its different for everyone. when i have a migraine the last thing i want to do is exercise. all i want is my bed and a dark quiet room.

cr8asmile

Back to top Go down

Exercise a migraine away? Empty Re: Exercise a migraine away?

Post  Wendy Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:53 am

I've heard this said by a few medical people. Clearly, they've never experienced a migraine to understand just how impossible this is. They say the chemicals (endorphins?) released from physical activity will overcome the pain. They probably tell blind people to look where they're putting their stick too.
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jul Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:46 am

Excercise GIVES me a migraine! when I say excercise I mean aerobic type, plain walking seems to be fine Smile

I used to go to step aerobics 3 times a week but had to give it up as I was often coming home with the start of a migraine. Seems the blood rushing around my system is a trigger for me !

Besides when I am in the middle of a migraine I can barely move my head let alone do excercise, makes me wonder if the people that recommend this have ever actually suffered a migraine themselves Mad

Jul

Back to top Go down

Exercise a migraine away? Empty Laughable..to say the least!

Post  chelle8178 Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:44 am

Exercise a migraine away?! Please! Like y'all said, exercise causes migraines and who could even exercise in the middle of that kind of pain! I can barely move let alone exercise!
chelle8178
chelle8178

http://fuzzyredbees.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:45 am

Yeah, this guy is a self serving idiot.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  BabySeal Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:40 pm

full fledged exercise? If i fancied a run in the throes of a M, Id puke half way down my driveway then probably lay in a crumpled heap at the sidewalk. NO THANK YOU. I'm lucky to manage day to day movements.

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:14 am

I've had a m for over a week now. If I ran right now my head would explode...

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  abp2626 Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:51 pm

Don't know what kind of migraines this doc was talking about (if it's those people who say they have migraines, but we all know they just have headaches, you know the type, right?), but I think that I would probably fall over, and possibly pass out, from the pain of the bouncing from full fledge exercising. I've tried doing it w/ a lower pain level, like a 4 on a 1-10 pain level, and my level went WAY up. Some good that did!

The doc should maybe ask a person with migraines instead of just studying the brain!
abp2626
abp2626

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down