migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone on disability

5 posters

Go down

anyone on disability Empty anyone on disability

Post  chelle8178 Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi, all I'm a long-time migraine sufferer, currently plagued with daily migraines. I haven't worked since 2008 b/c of the migraines. I filed for disability in 2010. l was denied twice and got an attorney. My attorney requested a hearing back in April. I'm going nuts here! For those of you who have been where I am & have come out on the other side to win, can u please, please, please give me some advice, hope, guidance.... I'm in Indiana, btw.. thankx
chelle8178
chelle8178

http://fuzzyredbees.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

anyone on disability Empty Re: anyone on disability

Post  dcook60 Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:43 pm

chelle, please read richard's response to a query about disability exactly a year ago. i found it on a search here; i put "disability richard" in the box. richard, longtime member here was awarded his dis. upon first application, and he has some GREAT ideas for how to do this.

his was granted in 2002; of course the government is more broke now. please look it up. the title is "my first chat with a disability attorney-someone shoot me".

i would try to post the link, but i am not good at that job...........i forget how to do it cuz i seldom try that. blame it on my advanced age, i guess. dianne

dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

anyone on disability Empty thank u

Post  chelle8178 Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:23 am

Thank u for the info
chelle8178
chelle8178

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:32 pm

I was just awarded disability in December, it took me 1 1/2 years to get it. I had to hire an attorney, and she got 1/4 of my back pay.

I had quit my job in June, and had my hearing a day before Thanksgiving. Since I quit working I have been somewhat better.

I had my 3rd round of botox on Monday. I really think it's helping me more than anything. I was having migraines everyday, now only 2-3 a week!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:28 am

I have been on disability since 2005.

The attorney I used deals in disability claims only.

She met with my doctor and they got my medical file ready and my doctor wrote a statement for the judge to read.

The judge gave me a favorable decision and the attorney told me that after reading the paperwork from the Judge, my
doctor's letter really made a difference.

So your doctor being in your corner does mean alot.

It took me about 18 months to go thru the whole process.

I will be crossing my fingers for you!

Cindy

Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:43 am

Mine worked a little different than Cindys, my attorney just requested medical records from 2 of my drs. She never met with them. The neurologist believes you should work no matter what, but his staff submitted the records and they were good. I also had a pain management dr submit records, his were "not so good" but I still got it.

I live in PA. I guess every state is different, as well as every judge....

Wishing the best for you !1
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

anyone on disability Empty decision

Post  chelle8178 Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:52 am

Those of you awarded disability: did the judge determine eligibility at the hearing or did you have to wait to receive a decision in the mail?
chelle8178
chelle8178

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:53 am

I got my answer by mail. But my sister who got it for another reason found out right at the hearing, the Judge told her.
My judge told me he had to prove the migraines. I took my migraine journal with me and he requested copies of 6 months back. I found out in a week though!
Good documetation, and good medical records.
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  abp2626 Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:12 pm

I am in the process of applying right now: I already applied, did the interview, and am now filling out WI's supplemental forms. I am also an atty, but I have never practiced this type of law (only put bad guys in jail and prison). Anyway, wanted to say that Richard's advice is fantastic and that IF (I know it is a HUGE "if") I am awarded it, I will be happy to share any info that I can.
abp2626
abp2626

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down