migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

migraines and stillettos

4 posters

Go down

migraines and stillettos Empty migraines and stillettos

Post  dawn.binks Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:23 am

yesterday in the daily mail an american dr was quoted as saying that stilletoes can cause migraines from the tension they cause in the back.

does this mean us ladies have to be parted from our heels??

Last edited by dawn.binks on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong spelling)
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

migraines and stillettos Empty Re: migraines and stillettos

Post  Migrainegirl Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:19 pm

I haven't worn heels in years because they kill my feet.
No idea that they would also hurt my head., because I never wear them long enough to find out.
So much for fashion...
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:24 am

I've heard that for years. I had a chriopractor and a doctor tell me that. They said it's an unnatural position and it strains everything from your feet, to your pelvis, to your back and neck.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:14 am

To give up our heels! Unimaginable. Dawn, I am with you on this.

I suppose there might be some connection between very high heels , bad posture and therefore M, but frankly, I only have a bad posture when I wear completely flat shoes.

I start walking badly and slouch and feel most uncomfortable, especially if I am out and about for longer periods. My legs also get more tired in flat shoes.
My most comfortable shoes are the ones with the medium-high heel.
In any case, I have suffered with M since my childhood, long before I was wearing high heels.

I think this is just another one of these theories, that we are bombarded with.
In any case, what does chiropodist know, that most neurologist don't, I wonder.

Last edited by Mini on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:26 pm

I'm sure that it does bother some people. I had to quit wearing heels because of bad feet, so it's a moot point for me. I do think Chiropractors are more specialized in understanding things like how posture can affect your health. I say where ever you can go to get relief, go for it. I won't poo poo any treatment plans that help people deal with pain. Personally, I've seen several neurologists in my 36 years of dealing with this crap. I've always found much more compassion and doctors willing to try different things dealing with other doctors instead of neuroloists. In my experience, they're far less compassionate and much more likely to be set on a treatment plan whether it works or not. I guess it's a different strokes for different folks kind of thing. Love my current PCP. He gets cluster headaches so he truly understands what it's like to live in pain.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:10 pm

I guess it's a different strokes for different folks kind of thing
You are right in that of course, Brenda. Different things work for each of us in different ways, so we need to use, whatever works for us.

For example a chiropractor did not help me in the least, neither did acupuncture was of much use, whilst my two neurologist were/are great. They listen well, they do not rush me, and I can contact them whenever I need to and they get back to me. I feel that they really try to help. They don't always succeed, but we have good relationship.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:31 pm

That's great! I know some people who have had a ton of help from neurologists. I wish I could say I did. I have had some limited success with a chiropractor in the past. Not as much with adjustments as in some trigger point therapy he would do. But he ended up going off the deep end. First he beat another chiropractor up with a lead pipe, then when his family was gone (he lived with his parents and siblings) he set their house on fire and burned it to the ground. Obviously disturbed.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down