migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tracking Migraines

3 posters

Go down

What is the easiest way YOU have found to track your migraines?

Tracking Migraines Vote_lcap50%Tracking Migraines Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
Tracking Migraines Vote_lcap17%Tracking Migraines Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Tracking Migraines Vote_lcap0%Tracking Migraines Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Tracking Migraines Vote_lcap0%Tracking Migraines Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Tracking Migraines Vote_lcap33%Tracking Migraines Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 6

Tracking Migraines Empty Tracking Migraines

Post  BabySeal Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Kind of mundane I know, but nothing seems to be working well for me... and I am a nerd at heart and usually love my little lists and whatnot...

But I keep forgetting and have a horribly tracked month for my neuro... how the heck am I supposed to pay attention to writing all that down in I am in a fog of pain? Oy.

So what has been easiest for you all? bounce

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

Tracking Migraines Empty Re: Tracking Migraines

Post  Migrainegirl Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:54 pm

A plain Excel spreadsheet works best for me. I can track the various medications and supplements and their amounts each day(because they keep changing and I want to track what's working or not), any side effects or coexisting events or conditions (periods, travel, flu, whatever) and the level of my headache that day (A, B, C, D or F).

I have found this the easiest because it's the most flexible, I can track it over months and years, and print nice pretty graphs of my headaches each month to give to my doctor. I have it going back about 3 years and it has really helped me keep an accurate track to tell how much effect various strategies are having or not having and how much I'm getting better or worse. I really cant trust my memory to be that accurate.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:40 pm

I use an Excel spreadsheet as well for my migraine calendar, meds, health history, past meds, etc.

I have to enter my abortives as soon as I take them or I forget what time and how soon I can have another dose, if needed. It also helps me to look back and see whether I'm within my daily/weekly limits of each med.

The spreadsheets make it easy to email to my doctor when I have questions or follow-ups.
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down