migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't know who's treating my migraines...Please help..need my migraine angels

5 posters

Go down

Don't know who's treating my migraines...Please help..need my migraine angels Empty Don't know who's treating my migraines...Please help..need my migraine angels

Post  Greeneyes Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:02 pm

Last week I changed my PCP she stopped listening to me..so I have a new PCP that I saw ..now on Friday I will see the neuro again..Everyone is telling me to talk to Dr..so and so. Please help I don't know what to do? I love you
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Don't know who's treating my migraines...Please help..need my migraine angels Empty Re: Don't know who's treating my migraines...Please help..need my migraine angels

Post  sailingmuffin Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi Wendy,

It sounds like you are in a really tough spot.

Definitely take as many of your records as you can in to the neuro. In addition, you might want to bring in a list of the medications that have helped in the past, as well as the ones that haven't. This may save some time, so you aren't going over old ground again. Also, bring in a list of what has helped when it got really bad- IV fluids or medications. I recall your saying that sometimes that helped.
I would definitely tell him that you have been dealing with this for a long time, that you want to be functional, but also have a good quality of life.

-ask about pain management
-and see if he has any other ideas.
-also ask about a new PCP.

I hope this helps. I am sending good thoughts your way.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Don't know who's treating my migraines...Please help..need my migraine angels Empty Re: Don't know who's treating my migraines...Please help..need my migraine angels

Post  Greeneyes Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:35 pm

Sailing..I've already seen this neuro..I belong to a health insurance that is all linked together..don't what to say it on here..that's why I'm frustrated..since "I' m such a difficult case"..3 doctors were sharing their knowledge so to speak..waiting for my doctor to call and tell me who's treating me. I've had the same insurance for atleast 6 years..grr.

Thanks for your response..hope that you are well.

I love you
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:00 pm

So are you saying you don't know who your new PCP is? Do you have any say in the selection, or are you on one of those plans where they just decide for you? Or are you having troubles bringing the new doctor up to speed?
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:31 pm

No, I know who my new PCP is..saw him last week..I know who my neurologist is..just don't know who's treating the migraines...

Still waiting for the new PCP to call me.

Sorry, head is hurting, maybe I'm not explaining this well.

My neuro said to talk to my PCP..PCP says to talk to neuro..grrr No
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:49 pm

That's where I've told them that I HAVE talked to them both, now I need one of them to treat the condition, and stop passing the blame.

But all my docs know I'm really blunt and very active in my care needs, so I refuse to take much "fiddling" about while I'm hurting.

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:54 pm

I have found that I can sometimes get docs to take action by working with a member of their staff. Does either the neuro or your PC doc have a nurse, nurse practitioner etc... that can help you untangle the mess you are currently experiencing? Who would you rather work with? I think it should be the patient's decision to decide - in my case it is my PC doc - he knows me best and is easily accessible (gives out his cell phone number to his patients). Also, do you go alone to your appointments? I am a strong believer in making sure you go with someone who can advocate for you. Please stay in touch! L
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:39 am

Ah, the great pass the buck syndrome! If you don't know who is taking care of your migraines, then very likely nobody is. If you have a nuero, stick with him/her. No other reason to have one really. When you see him/her be very direct about asking for whatever you need for prevention, abortives and pain relief. Its fine to keep the PCP in the loop, but no sense getting lost in the bureaucracy.

If the nuero is not treating the migraines, then you need to get a new one. That's what they bare supposed to do.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:42 am

Hi,

Wendy, sorry somehow I got the idea you were seeing a new neuro.

It certainly sounds like you are in a game of "pass the patient." I have certainly been there. Currently, my cardiologist won't treat the fainting and neither will my neuro. I am holding out till november when I go to Cleveland.

I would definitely tell them that you need one of them to take responsibility for treating the migraines. If he can't, ask him if there is someone who can.

I am so sorry you are going through thisl. Maybe it is time for a second opinion?

I hope that all is well. Hang in there.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:04 pm

Still waiting to hear...not good at all. No
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:01 pm

Maybe you should keep calling?
Can you get a new neuro? Or are you stuck with this one?
It is not acceptable to be ignored when in serious pain.

Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:02 pm

Tomorrow will be the third day..hope they call tomorrow. I stopped my pain medication last week because I was going to switch back to the patch..don't know if my new PCP will be okay or neurologist with prescribing me that. The Dilaudid wasn't working well anymore. No

Thank you for the prayers and support..love my migraine angels I love you
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:35 pm

If they haven't called, you should definitely keep calling them.
Don't get blown off.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down