migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting think I just found out...

2 posters

Go down

Interesting think I just found out... Empty Interesting think I just found out...

Post  Tamsha101 Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:58 am

So for about the last 10 years my migraines have changed - I dont get severe head pain anymore (thank god) but lots of migraine equivalents. I have also been getting horrible pain in my neck, upper back, shoulder and down left arm. Before this pain would start I would get dizzy and short of breath. For years I was sure it was heart pain - every symptom pointed to it. My doctor said no but to appease me ran test after test, sent me to a cardiologist even. No evidence of heart issues.

When I saw the neuro on Thursday he said there's a certain thingy in the brain, lower stem, that when you get a migraine it hits a part of it to cause the pain. When I was getting the severe head pain it was hitting the top portion. Now it's hitting the bottom portion which controls the nerve that sends pain, you guessed it, on the left side of my neck, upper back down arm, etc. SO...what I was experiencing was indeed NOT heart problems but MY version of migraine pain! The shortness of breath and dizziness is kind of my prodome or aura.

It was such a relief to know that this is migraine and NOT heart-related. This disease is SO bizarre!

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

Interesting think I just found out... Empty Re: Interesting think I just found out...

Post  Jewishmother Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:50 pm

.....and as soon as we figure out and understand our symptoms and the best way to deal with them........they change!
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down