migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

optic nerve hemorhage

3 posters

Go down

optic nerve hemorhage Empty optic nerve hemorhage

Post  mattie Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:47 pm

I had an eye exam today & the optometrist told me I had a hemorhage on one of my optic nerves. He asked me if I had high blood pressure or diabetes. I do not but told him I have migraines & asked if that could be a cause. He didn't respond so I thought it must have been a dumb question.
By the time my exam was over I could hardly walk out of the office & had a migraine from the flashing lights in my eyes.

Have any of you ever had a problem with your eyes caused from migraines?
Thanks.

mattie

Back to top Go down

optic nerve hemorhage Empty Re: optic nerve hemorhage

Post  Migrainegirl Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:13 pm

I have never had a diagnosis from an optometrist of an issue, but I dont doubt that it could be migraine related. My left eyeball often feels like it will start spouting blood any time when I have a bad migraine. And I sometimes end up with a very bloodshot eye. When you think about all the vaso-dialation that can occur with migraine, and involvement of the optic nerve for so many people, it seems like a very likely connection to me.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  stephgood Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:43 pm

I have had my optic nerves looked at quite a few times. I have high pressure, well not really. Every eye exam the DR kind of freaks on me because my pressure is high. It isn't high, just the high side of normal, and that is just me. I don't have glaucoma at this point, and doubt I ever will, but we keep an eye on it. My optic nerves have always looked stellar. During a migraine or not. Usually I do end up getting a doozy of a migraine after every eye DR or Opthomologist appt because of the exam and lights. I have no doubt though that some folks have eye issues either caused by or that contribute to migraine.
stephgood
stephgood

Back to top Go down

Post  mattie Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:17 am

Thanks for your replies. I feel almost back to normal this a.m.

mattie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down