migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone else have trouble with firworks?

4 posters

Go down

Does anyone else have trouble with firworks? Empty Does anyone else have trouble with firworks?

Post  sailingmuffin Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:29 am

Hi All,

Yesterday was July Fourth, a holiday typically topped off with a fireworks display. I didn't go see the fireworks this year because, over the past few months I have become more and more sensitive to sounds and flashing lights.

Anyway, our house is not from from a club, which has a pretty good display every year. I didn't see them, but they were so loud that just hearing them made the migraine worse. It was literally painful, even after I put earplugs in. I almost went into another sensory overload.
I know it will be ok and I will survive this one somehow.

I just hate this disease right now. I used to love seeing the fireworks and now they are torture and I hate it.

Does anyone else have this?

Pain free days
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else have trouble with firworks? Empty Re: Does anyone else have trouble with firworks?

Post  Jewishmother Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:56 am

I also avoided fireworks last night and we live far enough away from the park where the city shoots them off that the noise wasn't too bad (though next year thinking of getting tranquilizers for our dog!). I am discovering that I have to be very selective about what I choose to do every day in order to not overload my visual and auditory senses........staying home of course is the best option but not wanting to be a hermit I do go out fully aware that I am going to put my brain on overload and will have to pay for it later. So choosing to do that which brings me joy when I go out.........Hope your day is better today! L
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else have trouble with firworks? Empty Re: Does anyone else have trouble with firworks?

Post  Mini Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:55 pm

S sorry you cannot enjoy fireworks SM, the same here.

In theory I love them the spectacle is so beautiful, in practice, it is just as you said, it all gets too much; too much noise, to much light and too much smell (from explosives) - a real sensory overload.
I use to go to a very special musical concerts in a park near where I lived, where classical music was illustrated and coordinated with the fireworks.
People would bring picnics often with properly set white linen tables, proper silver chandeliers with candles, or decforated the tables with eastern lamps, the whole families would come with children - it was such a special evening. But even then I had to sit far away in order not be too badly affected.

Now, if I ever that watch fireworks, I make sure it is from a fardistance. It is still nice, but not the same. is it?

JM, I know what you mean, sometimes we force ourselves to get out just to remind us, that we are still a part of human race.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  stephgood Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:46 am

I went to the fireworks this year and actually did really well. There were a few times I had to just close my eyes because it got to be too much. I wasn't sure how I was going to manage, but right after I we got back i headed to bed and slept for a long while. I was really impressed I was able to make it through!
stephgood
stephgood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down