migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zonegran / Zonisamide tablets and side effects with ospeopena?

3 posters

Go down

Zonegran / Zonisamide tablets and side effects with ospeopena? Empty Zonegran / Zonisamide tablets and side effects with ospeopena?

Post  dizzyflower Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:40 am

Hi everyone

This is a long shot but is anyone else on this medication or have they tried it?

I am worried because I have read that in among the frequent side effects they list decreased levels of bicarbonate which is what is needed to prevent blood becoming acidic,

I am told that because I am osteopenic I need to watch out what I eat to balance out acidity so that I don't continue to leach out bone mass so that I can build it up again. I already have one bit of my spine that is in the ostoporotic range. I am worried that all my efforts to put the one problem right might be undone by my migraine treatment. Any ideas would be really appreciated

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Zonegran / Zonisamide tablets and side effects with ospeopena? Empty Re: Zonegran / Zonisamide tablets and side effects with ospeopena?

Post  greent Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:52 am

I take zonegran daily, but have never heard of this side effect. Although my doctor did tell me it's very important that I take daily calcium/vitamin D supplements which I do. I guess that's why.

greent

Back to top Go down

Zonegran / Zonisamide tablets and side effects with ospeopena? Empty Re: Zonegran / Zonisamide tablets and side effects with ospeopena?

Post  Migrainegirl Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:26 pm

I had to quit taking it as it gave me chronic rhinitis. I was allergic to everything!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down