migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hypersensitivity and Meds

3 posters

Go down

Hypersensitivity and Meds Empty Hypersensitivity and Meds

Post  LyLy Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. I started taking Savella a few months ago, it was going ok (its recently gotten a lot worse, but thats another story) but I feel like it has made my brain even more hypersensitive. I have the same triggers but now it is like the tiniest thing will set it off. I am getting new triggers, certain kinds of food and getting eye strain easily which leads to M. I don't know if I am just becoming more aware of my triggers or if this medicine has indeed made my brain more sensitive. Any one else felt like this? I've had M for 4 years and get M 1-3 times per week, I use Maxalt as an abortive.

This week I had my first acupuncture treatment and it wasn't bad. The Chinese medicine does sound kind of kooky to me, but I am ready and willing to give it a good try. I am going again next week and I will keep you guys updated and let you know if I get any relief.

LyLy

Back to top Go down

Hypersensitivity and Meds Empty Re: Hypersensitivity and Meds

Post  living Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Hi there,

OMG that sounds terrible. Have you changed anything else in your lifestyle as well as the Savella? Could it be anything else? You said it was going ok for a while, but then got worse?

Good luck with the acupuncture treatment. Hope it works!

living

Back to top Go down

Hypersensitivity and Meds Empty progesterone

Post  cherson Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:51 am

don't overlook the hormones as a relief for headache...low dose progesterone can solve many a headache problem...seen it work

cherson

Back to top Go down

Hypersensitivity and Meds Empty Re: Hypersensitivity and Meds

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down