migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

migraines return after 11 days of freedom!!!

+3
sailingmuffin
Migrainegirl
lissy
7 posters

Go down

migraines return after 11 days of freedom!!! Empty migraines return after 11 days of freedom!!!

Post  lissy Sun May 01, 2011 4:13 am

I haven't posted much lately but keeping an eye on things. I've just had 11 days straight with absolutely no migraines!!!!!! I had a couple of mild headaches and some chronic back / neck pain but no migraine. It was the absolutely best feeling in the world. The longest break I've had since getting these nasty things 18 months ago. My little bubble burst this weekend though and I've had one all weekend :-( Kind of disapointed but seeing hope all the same.....I actually started to feel slightly human.

One day last week I had the happiest day I've every had in 18months - I just felt great. I was at work but I didn't care - happy and couldn't stop smiling. I felt a glimpse of my old self. I've really been struggling with depression the last few months - so emotional and unable to surpress it. I've started taking Cipramil the last couple of weeks as my Psychologist and even Naturopath were getting worried about me. I couldn't keep it together and hated feeling so depressed all the time, even walked out of some meetings with my boss balling my eyes out. I don't think they have kicked in yet as starting on a pretty low dose but all the same having 11 days break from migraines and 1 day of absolute happiness was just amazing. I think sometimes hope that these nasty things are ever going to change starts to slide and I really needed this boost so although I've got one now, I"m certainly not as depressed about it as I usually get. Its funny, just typing this out is helping as I'm getting it out of my head!

Anyway that's me for now,
Lissy
lissy
lissy

Back to top Go down

migraines return after 11 days of freedom!!! Empty Re: migraines return after 11 days of freedom!!!

Post  Migrainegirl Sun May 01, 2011 9:34 pm

Sounds like that new medicine may be doing you good. That's awesome!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

migraines return after 11 days of freedom!!! Empty Re: migraines return after 11 days of freedom!!!

Post  sailingmuffin Mon May 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi,

I am glad you had 11 good days.

I also know that so many of us can relate to the feeling of enjoying the good days and being plunged back into the turmoil and pain of the bad days. Sometimes, it really feels like I pay a very heavy price for every single good day. But I try to remember that if the bad days come, so will the good days. I am also really glad the medicine seems to be working for your depression- that is excellent.

Hang in there.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  lissy Tue May 03, 2011 5:45 am

Thanks! Yes I'm trying to stay positive. I think seeing some change has given me hope, hope that perhaps things won't always be this bad. At least if I can cope better I can learn to adapt and accept.........taking baby steps at the moment though!
lissy
lissy

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue May 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Lissy, your eleven day is giving me hope. I just started on cymbalta for similar reasons...can't stop crying and embarrassing at work cause I AM the boss. What a strong front I'm showing. So I'm hoping I have as much success as you.

Even nice days pain free would be great.

What kind of dose are you on?

Last edited by paradox on Thu May 05, 2011 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting errors)
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  somebodyhealme Thu May 05, 2011 10:15 am

High fives and gentle hugs! I really hope this is a good sign of things to come.
somebodyhealme
somebodyhealme

http://somebodyhealme.dianalee.net

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu May 05, 2011 10:26 am

Charlotte "Pissy" was that a freudian slip, indicative of your mood... lol!

Last edited by pen on Thu May 05, 2011 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Thu May 05, 2011 10:59 am

As a matter of fact, Pen, freudian slip is an indication of our true feelings.
At least, this is what Freud's theory was. The source of the expression "freudian slip" means that when we make a mistake, we express our hidden thoughts.
This is what Freud believed.

Fortunately, not everybody agrees with him and with his theory.

So sorry about the bad spell, Lissy. It is such a let down when this happens. Just lets' hope that more good, painless times come back again, soon.

Last edited by Mini on Sun May 08, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu May 05, 2011 7:21 pm

Sorry ladies, not so deep and I apologize Lissy. From the other errors in the message I was typing too fast and missing key strokes on the touchpad.

I will try to do a better job of proofing before I hit send.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Fri May 06, 2011 1:03 am

It was obvious to me Charlotte, that it was a simple typo - I make many of those, all the time.

So, I did not like the suggestions that there was a hidden "meaning" behind your error.
We all make typing errors of this kind - half of the time I cannot see what I am typing until I read it, horrified, much later.
With our heads it is difficult to see, to think, or even to read, so things like this happen all the time.

Lissy, how is head doing? Any improvement?
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  lissy Fri May 06, 2011 6:18 am

Hi Charlotte

At the moment I'm only taking 1/2 (20mg) Cipramil tablet but it appears to be helping. I've had 1 really bad migraine this week and a few headaches but my mood has been a lot better. Not so depressed. I even went to the beach for a few hours and just walked and did some meditation. Felt quite peaceful actually. I haven't felt that kind of peace in a very long time. It was short lived but amazing all the same. I don't know if the Cipramil is going to help with the migraines but at least if it continues to help my mental attitude, I can cope a little better.

Oh and the crying? I"m a Deputy manager so I know what you mean - people come to me for help and I can't exactly sit there bursting into tears every five minutes for no reason. I've definately been a bit more emotionally stable this week - such a relief.

How's the Cymbalta going for you? Any changes yet?

Thanks for everyones thoughts.
lissy
lissy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down