migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sliding back into the daily...

+3
lentils
sailingmuffin
hpilgrim
7 posters

Go down

Sliding back into the daily... Empty Sliding back into the daily...

Post  hpilgrim Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:56 pm

Hi all...
Well, I should be happy. I had a break. Of nearly a year.

During that year, I turned 60, and I was pretty confident that my M days were probably behind me.

During the year, I had a mild heart attack, and found that I have (still) uncontrolled blood pressure. So I had a lot of other health problems on my mind, but I never quit thinking "At least, thank God, the M's are just about gone..."

But lately (the past two months) I have been having more and more "headaches".... waking up with them, having them in the afternoon, or during the night..

At first, I controlled them with aspirin. An hour later they would be gone. But they always came back.

Today I am finally facing the fact that they are getting worse every day - more frequent, more stubborn, more painful.

I know what this is --- but it surely is hard to admit that the monster is back. Actually I don't think it was ever really gone, but only dormant.

I am doing my level best not to submit to taking a triptan, partially because of my high bp. But triptans were the only thing that ever helped me, and for a long time, I took Maxalt daily.
I am still seeing the cardio doc, and my primary care doc, and have racked up some bills during the heart episode. I know I need to go see my neuro and let him know about this, but I can't afford it at the moment.

I feel I will plunge back into depression if I end up back where I was two or three years ago. And now I have the heart thing as well. I don't feel strong enough to face this again.

Thanks for reading and letting me vent. I love you guys, you are in my prayers....
Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

Sliding back into the daily... Empty Re: Sliding back into the daily...

Post  sailingmuffin Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi,

I'm so sorry that the monster is rearing its horrible, ugly head again!

I am glad that you had nearly a year of relief from the monster. I have had two periods of remission. I never wanted to admit that it was back, either.

Sorry to hear about the heart episode and the bp issues. We are still trying to figure out how much of fainting is cardiac, how much is neurological/autonomic nerve dysfunction. I would ask the cardio about the triptans.

Hang in there.

We are still here anytime you need to vent.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  hpilgrim Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:04 pm

I love this place --- I was just thinking that I needed to talk, and who among my family and friends would be up to hearing me moan about a new problem...? when I remembered who my real friends are, and where they are.
Thank you, sailingm
Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

Sliding back into the daily... Empty sliding back

Post  lentils Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:37 am

I don't know if this is any consolation, but after 15 months of relatively low incidences of migraine, I've doubled my monthly occurrences. That makes 4 a month, but the migraines are not lasting 24- 48 hours, they are starting out as abdominal migraines with muscle weakness and progressing to low level headaches that can last up to a week. My main complaint is that I feel depressed during these episodes and can barely move. I can't organize my thoughts and I'm really a mess. I'm tired after 10 years of this crap. The only abortive that neurologist number 3 has offered me is triptans and they are no longer working, particularly oral medication, because my digestive system shuts down. I have an appt with a psychiatrist next month and maybe he can prescribe something to help. Anyway, that is my current, sad rant.

lentils

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:43 am

I'm so sorry, Holly. Is it maybe a spring thing? (said with fingers crossed).

I can't imagine how sad you felt when you realized they were back.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  joshp Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:22 pm

When my headaches became daily, it turned out to be medication overuse. If you are taking painkillers more than two days per week regularly, you could be gettting headaches from this. I had to go cold turkey for a few weeks to break the cycle.
joshp
joshp

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:48 pm

I'm sorry, Holly. How disappointing and depressing.

Maybe all the cardiac activity is playing a role and just worked itself out to a point where it would affect your head. Just a wild idea.????

I sure hope the M monster goes back into hiding for you.

Take care.
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:54 am

I have never had more than a month without migraine and it was difficult when they returned. I cant imagine how hard it must be after a year. How cruel that is! So sorry, Holly!
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down