migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question for women

+3
Migrainegirl
somebodyhealme
Jewishmother
7 posters

Go down

question for women Empty question for women

Post  Jewishmother Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:37 pm

I am just curious if there is a parallel between how our migraines are during pregnancy and also after we go through menopause. Guess I am just grasping at straws…………..my migraines vanished when I was pregnant or nursing so can I hope that once I hit menopause (I am 51) that they will disappear? Is there a correlation? Leslie
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

question for women Empty Re: question for women

Post  somebodyhealme Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:09 pm

I think these are great questions that could really use some studying so we could start to get some answers. Hormones are definitely a big factor for women, but the exact ways they affect our migraine attacks is largely unknown. Keeping a steady level of hormones is the best thing we can do to try to eliminate hormonal-triggered attacks, IMO.
somebodyhealme
somebodyhealme

http://somebodyhealme.dianalee.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:22 pm

I don't know. There seem to be so many variables. I never had a problem with headaches when I was younger or when I was pregnant. Just since I was 46. I am hoping they go away once I get to the other side of menopause.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:32 am

Leslie, We are the same age and in the same boat. My migraines started at 13 and have been most severe during periods. When I was pregnant with my first daughter, they went away after the 3rd month and stayed gone until I finished breastfeeding. Sadly, with my 2nd daughter, I contracted Lyme disease and had headaches daily. Things went downhill after that since I didnt know I had Lyme. I too am praying for relief with Menopause.
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

question for women Empty re:question

Post  lentils Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:14 am

My migraines improved after age 53. They were the worst between the ages 48-52. I still have them, though. I did have migraines when I was younger(under 40), but they were rare, 2 or 3 times a year.

lentils

Back to top Go down

Post  Enigma Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:04 am

It is my last hope. I had no migraines while pregnant. I am 48 and definatley going through menopause and I've had my mensus for the last 3 weeks and had a migraine almost every day. Some days it has been killer headaches, and some days it's like I am like a normal person and I can even drink a beer or two if I want.

I keep telling myself that this is the end of migraines for me and if I can hold out a few more years, that the rollercoaster of hormones will stop and so will the migraines.

I hope, I hope, I hope.

By the way, I finally got a letter of appointment to see a headache neurologist, after a year of waiting for a reply. I only have 8 more months to wait. My appointment is November 21st. Incredible!

Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post  McCabeRoad Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:02 am

I never had migraines until after I had a total hystroectomy, however, all my Aunts and my grandmother on my dad's side have migraines inluding an uncle.
McCabeRoad
McCabeRoad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down