migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Constitution Group

2 posters

Go down

British Constitution Group Empty British Constitution Group

Post  mxgo Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:22 pm

To our British forum members, what are these people protesting?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1364091/Council-tax-protesters-storm-courtroom-arrest-judge.html

Martin
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

British Constitution Group Empty protest

Post  dawn.binks Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:51 pm

we have whats called a citizens arrest over here where a citizen can arrest someone who is breaking the law it doesnt have to be a policeman. it seems that in court was someone who had refused to pay all or part of their council tax a tax we pay to pay for refuse collection, schools town gardens etc and some people do oppose it as they pay for something they dont use like an elderly person who isnt obviously at school or the bins where some councils are starting to charge to take bins away or fine you if you cant close the lid on the bin as you have too much in it yet you pay your tax for it to be collected. it seems this person was in court and some of his supporters came in to arrest the judge who was not upholding his case to show that injustice of what the judge was doing.
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

British Constitution Group Empty Re: British Constitution Group

Post  mxgo Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Thanks, we have the same thing here in the States. We also pay taxes for things we don't use, like municipal gardens, schools, police, libraries, fire departments, and etc. While I do not use all the services, I did at one time or another, and could use these services if I wished to do do.

Me, I am especially glad for the schools and colleges that were tax funded. If it was not for somebody paying their taxes, I would have never made it through college.

The group does seem some adamant about their views.

Martin
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

British Constitution Group Empty Re: British Constitution Group

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down