migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PCOS and Migraines?

2 posters

Go down

PCOS and Migraines? Empty PCOS and Migraines?

Post  chrissypalgal Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:35 am

I have PCOS and also migrianes disease. Does anyone else have these two? If so, what have you noticed about having them, what meds are you one, do you go to a gyno oor your neuro for treatment?

I have had headaches since I was 10, migraines since teens and just found out I have PCOS. I am 34 now, but do fill I have had PCOS since I was a teen. I seriously think this goes all together. I suffer with severe menstrual migraines.

Anything you have to offer would be great. Thanks
chrissypalgal
chrissypalgal

http://throughthewordsofchronicpain.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

PCOS and Migraines? Empty Re: PCOS and Migraines?

Post  Sara79 Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:45 am

I've got both and hypothyroidism too. My cycle's been so erratic that I couldn't tell you if my migraines are menstrual or not, but I do get triggered by storm fronts and stress certainly plays a part in my episodes. Last week I had a paper, a poster, two presentations, a major quiz and a final exam all on the same day. The next morning, I wake up at an 8 and end up getting my PCP to inject tordol and phenegrin to break that one.

Currently I've got a combo of frova or cafergot as a migraine rescue med and I've got neurotin, naprosin, clonazapam, zofran, and verapamil as preventatives/meds to take when I know I'll be triggered. For the insulin resistance that the PCOS has triggered, I've got metformin. Otherwise, I'm taking a few supplements (calcium, vit D, cinnamon, magnesium).

When I was diagnosed, it took a comment that my neuro made to get me to look at PCOS, then I went to my PCP and had all the blood work ran. soulcysters.net gave me an idea of what all I should have them run. Because the OB/GNY I had at that time didn't have a clue, I switched to a different ob, and she's been wonderful. We've gotten me off all oral and injected BCP, I do have a Mirena, but the hormonal levels in it are so low that my doc's OK with it.

Now my current battle has been with my weight. My PCP sent me to a nutritionist last week, and she's got me doing a 2 week grain free/low carb dietary 'boot camp' I really miss sweet tea and toast when my headaches make my tummy mad, but I do already feel like I've got a bit more energy.

Feel free to ask my anything, if I don't wanna make it public knowledge I'll PM you answers, but I'm pretty open.

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissypalgal Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:33 pm

And I would love to know the test you had ran. Thanks
chrissypalgal
chrissypalgal

http://throughthewordsofchronicpain.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Vitamin D, androgens, prolactin, thyroid stimulating hormone, testosterone, DHEA-S, Levels of glucose, insulin, cholesterol and triglycerides. He may have ran a few more I don't remember, but those were the big ones that a lot of Docs like to see.

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down