migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Odd new migraine symtom..anyone else have this?

+6
amy
Petzi
Paradox
annabella
HeelerLady
ShelliB
10 posters

Go down

Odd new migraine symtom..anyone else have this? Empty Odd new migraine symtom..anyone else have this?

Post  ShelliB Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:49 pm

Last night during a major migraine my doctor noticed that one of my eyes had turned red and watery...he asked if that was the side of my head that the M was on and yes it was. I hadn't noticed anything wrong with the eye earlier in the day....but had not looked in the mirrior prior to heading to the medical center. My husband said it looked really tough. After my treatment when I was back home the eye looked fine again!

I've never shown any actual *physical* signs when I've been migraining. My doctor said it was caused by the pain. Very odd. I have to say that my doctor was more helpful and quicker than usual!
ShelliB
ShelliB

Back to top Go down

Odd new migraine symtom..anyone else have this? Empty Re: Odd new migraine symtom..anyone else have this?

Post  HeelerLady Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:52 pm

Shelli - during bad ones the right side of my face will swell. This is fairly new for me as well but mine sit on that side of my head and usually I have pain that travels down through my eye and to my teeth. I didn't realize it was doing that until my mom looked at me during an attack and noticed.

I normally look "sick" during them (really pale and really dark circles under my eyes) but the swelling just adds to it.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Odd new migraine symtom..anyone else have this? Empty Re: Odd new migraine symtom..anyone else have this?

Post  annabella Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:05 pm

I also get a bloodshot eye on the side my migraine is on. I always have since i was a child. I also get a very hot ear on that side as well.

flower
annabella
annabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:00 pm

My eye will droop, but not get red.

There is a disorder that has migraine and lower back pain has symptoms along with uveitis. Inflammation of the eye (sorry for the life of me I can't think if the name. Huge weather front and horrible M). But, in that case there is a correlation between migraine and red eye.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Petzi Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:24 pm

My eye lid doops as well when I have a migraine. I look a bit like a stroke victim.

P.
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Post  amy Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:24 pm

My face swelled up ( swole up? ) for the first time last month. A friend pointed it out.
amy
amy

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:09 pm

I didn't realize that I had any real physical symptoms of migraine either, until my head changed yet again and a lot of tension went out of my right eye accompanied by the return of some long distance vision that I didn't realise had faded away.

The main visible change was a huge scar-like wrinkle that runs from the corner of my right eye down my cheek has noticably decreased. As in the day following the tension leaving the eye. All very odd when I realised what had crept in over a number of years.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  jwar Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:35 pm

I've never had a bloodshot eye from a migraine, but the people I interact with on a daily basis can tell if I have a migraine by looking at me. My friend always knows right away, because she can "see it in my eyes".

My eyes get sunken in with dark circles, and I lose all color from my face. I agree, it helps with getting your doctor to take you seriously.
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tngirl83 Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:06 pm

I never noticed anything physical about my migraines until people I interact with on a daily basis told me that I lose all color in my face, my eyes seem to sink in, and I have black circles around my eyes.
Tngirl83
Tngirl83

Back to top Go down

Post  riversidekid Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:54 pm

ShelliB wrote:Last night during a major migraine my doctor noticed that one of my eyes had turned red and watery...he asked if that was the side of my head that the M was on and yes it was. I hadn't noticed anything wrong with the eye earlier in the day....but had not looked in the mirrior prior to heading to the medical center. My husband said it looked really tough. After my treatment when I was back home the eye looked fine again!

I've never shown any actual *physical* signs when I've been migraining. My doctor said it was caused by the pain. Very odd. I have to say that my doctor was more helpful and quicker than usual!

Just this year I've noticed that just before or during a migraine I get one red eye, also on the same side as my migraine itself. I've had migraines for over 30 years and this is also new for me. What is not new is that my eyes dilate before a migraine usually causing blurred vision. The blurred vision I notice of course, but it's embarrassing when a coworker asked me if I am "high!" I also get the "green skin" as well, high blood pressure, as well as the nausea etc that follows.
riversidekid
riversidekid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down